14 - Of Pleasant Surprises

So take your gloves and get out

Better get out, while you can

When you go would you even turn to say

I don't love you like I did yesterday

My phone blasted I Don't Love You by Chemical romance which woke me from my dreamless sleep. I searched for it on my bedside table and answered the call before it ended.

"Hey wakey wakey!"

I looked at the screen and saw that it was only 5:30 in the morning. I focused on the caller ID and saw it was Sev.

"What the hell Sev? It's 5:30 AM!" I scolded. I was so pissed at being woken very early.

"I know! Get your butt off the bed. I'm outside waiting!"

My eyes grew wide at what I just heard. "Are you kidding me?"

"Nope! I'm really outside. Come on let's go jogging." He said cheerfully.

"What? I don't jog. And please just go home, I want to sleep." I told him and turned off the call.

I placed my phone back on the bedside table and went back to bed. I wasn't even halfway to sleep when my phone rang again.

"You're still there? Please I need to sleep." I told Sev the moment I picked up the call.

"No. You need to exercise. Come on out now or I'll start shouting your name." He said, still very cheerful.

I wasn't a morning person and I hated exercise. The only reason I was forced to exercise during college was for me to lose all the fats I gained in high school. I was pressured to look good because I didn't want to get bullied. After I lost all the excess weight, I started eating right to keep myself on the right track.

"Fine. Give me a minute."

I took my time getting dressed. I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I was putting on my shoes when Sev called again.

"What's taking you so long? Did you go back to sleep?"

"I'm almost done with my shoes. You asked for this, so be patient!" I told him.

"Okay. Hurry up then." He said and ended the call.

That guy was really something. I wasn't even sure why I agreed to his idea. I would normally scold whoever disturbed my sleep and I wouldn't have any care in the world what happened after. However, Sev was different. I just couldn't resist his charm. Maybe I liked him more than I was willing to admit.

I got out of the house with my ipod inside my running shorts' back pocket. I saw Sev outside my gate, doing some stretching. The sun was just about to rise and the morning breeze was cool.

"Finally!" Sev greeted the moment I got out of the gate. "It took you forever to get dressed."

"I did not! Anyway, this was all your idea. I didn't ask for this!" I protested.

"I woke up early and I missed you so I'm here." He approached me and put his arm on my shoulder. "Come on."

"You want to come in for coffee?" I asked Sev after our 2 hour jogging—slash—walking session.

"I'd love to but I got some errands to run. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Jogging again? I can't, I work night shift remember?" I reminded him.