Chapter 5 - Encounter

*3 months later*

I walked back from a briefing about a mission we were going to take. At this time, Genji and I had been going steady as Mercy and Soldier 76 failed in their investigation on who was hacking in to the Omnics. I was keeping a secret from all of them, as I'd looked at the missile I noticed a sign on it that made my heart stop. It was a sign that reminded me of my past. 

The mission we were given was to protect Ms Volskaya as someone had been trying to kill and assassinate her family. Her daughter was in grave danger. I readied my pistol and my blades, with my usual outfit. I checked that the invisibility that I had gotten from a surgery a month ago worked (it did) and I walked to the top part of the area. Genji rushed up to me five minutes before the scheduled leaving time. Isla was beside me, but moved away so that Genji and I could have some alone time together. 

"Did you think you were late?" I joked.

"I thought that you would be going through by now!" Genji objected.

I laughed as Soldier 76 rounded the corner.

"I am here to tell you who will be going to protect Madam Volskaya. We need Zarya who knows Ms Volskaya well." He announced.

Zarya walked out.

"Mei, Genji, Pharah, Night, Isla, Mercy and Hanzo."

"That's a lot of people." I remarked.

"We need all the defence we can get." Soldier 76 replied.

"Come on! Let us go." Pharah led the way to Symmetra's portal, leading us in to a big courtyard with multiple fountains, flowers and a miniature waterfall outside a huge mansion.

"Wow! She's very rich!" I exclaimed.

Tracer appeared through the teleporter just as it closed. "Sorry loves! Soldier 76 sent me to help you, is that alright?"

Pharah nodded as she flew up to the top ledge of the mansion, carrying Hanzo with her. Mei  positioned herself outside the doors with Zarya as Genji and Tracer patrolled the perimeter. I crawled up a wall as Isla carefully set up her sniper spot. She had established herself as a decent sniper and was settling in well in to Overwatch.

As I joined Hanzo and Pharah, I saw a purple and black shape turn invisible. Was it Sombra? I couldn't be sure, so I used my increased vision to look for her. I saw a purple outline of her run around, looking for escape routes and scouting the area. If she was here, Widowmaker and Reaper had to be here somewhere too. I made myself invisible, making sure that Reaper and Widowmaker wouldn't realise I was there. 

I quietly left Pharah and Hanzo, keeping as silent as a mouse. I stopped to think for a moment, where would Reaper and Widowmaker hide? For as long as I'd know her, Widowmaker had always been one to hide on ledges and behind sharp objects. Reaper was always one who would run in to the fight and attack. I crept to the center of the courtyard, just as I turned around I heard a loud bang and a long line of red appear momentarily, going towards Tracer.

"Tracer look out!" I yelped.

She zipped to one side, leaving the bullet to create a bullet hole in the wall behind her. 

My ear turned toward where the bang had come from and, still invisible, I crept towards where Widowmaker was hiding. As I came up behind her, I suddenly got caught in one of her venom mines. I started feeling sick, I could feel myself getting weaker and weaker. 

"Night?" Widowmaker turned around as I gasped and I couldn't concentrate anymore on my invisibility, I was visible.

"Surprised to see me here?" I looked at her defiantly.