Chapter 9 - Returning

I opened my eyes, wrapped in Reaper's arms. I could still hear Isla screaming at me to stop, the words echoing in my mind. I couldn't go back, everyone hated me there. I had to stay hidden, and stay safe. I looked around, we were in an alleyway in what looked like Dorado.

"Why did you bring us here?" I asked, pulling myself away from him.

"It was the first place I thought of. Do you want to go somewhere else?"

"Um... no. We have to find somewhere hidden. Somewhere where we can be safe and hide... How about there? There's a small, flat place above an entrance hidden by trees!" I pointed it out.

"Let's get there quickly." He growled, teleporting up there.

I ran, climbing up a tree to get to it.

______________________________________________________

A few days later, and I had been able to grab a few pillows and blankets to make two separate beds for Reaper and I. So far, no sign of Overwatch. I was quite comfortable. I went out to get supplies whilst Reaper would always keep a look out for enemies or anyone that might hurt us. He already had to threaten 'Los Muertos' away from our set up, they were trying to steal our weapons.

I was eating an apple for breakfast early one morning, my eyes sharp for any one possibly coming to threaten us whilst Reaper slept. I suddenly heard the worst sound I could possibly hear right then. 

"You just have to let it go Isla! The world is worth fighting for!" I heard Mei's voice echo through a corridor.

"No it isn't! Not without Raven... what if she's hurt? What do you think Reaper has done to her?" Isla's voice was filled with worry.

"We will find her. She is here somewhere, I can feel it." Genji's voice filled me with dread.

Why was he here? Why did he go out to find me? I carefully gathered my weapons together, slotting them in. I silently dropped, but not silently enough. I heard Reaper wake up above me.

"Night?" He stood up.

I crept underneath the entrance, praying he wouldn't see me. Genji and Isla walked out of the shadows. I saw D.Va flying above the city, searching from above whilst Mei ran to catch up with Isla and Genji. I heard Reaper growl and I saw him land, his back to me and shadows swirling around him. Genji immediately saw him, and took his knife out, ready to deflect if he needed to. 

"Where. Is. Night." He asked.

"Not going with you." Reaper replied and immediately started firing his guns.

My heart cracked as I stood there, frozen as Genji got hit by a bullet. I forced myself in to action, and sprinted out.

"Stop!" I yelled.

Reaper froze, looking at me. "Night! Where have you been?"

"Don't kill him, Reaper." 

"Raven? What are you doing with him?" Genji asked in shock.

"Night don't listen to them, they abandoned you and hurt you remember?" Reaper's hand was on my shoulder, and I could feel myself teleporting away with him.

"No!" I reached out for Genji but it was too late, we were gone in to another building. "Why did you do that?"

"They were going to brainwash you." He defended himself.

I suddenly heard Widowmaker over Reaper's earpiece. "No one can hide from my sight." A loud bang followed... with Isla's scream echoing.

"I'm going to help them!" I made to go after them but Reaper stopped me.

"No! You must stay here!" He grasped my arm.

"I can't! I must help them! They're my friends... I can't stay with you. It's not what I was meant to do. I must leave." I pulled my arm out of his grip before running away.

I was going under an archway, nearly able to help them when Reaper teleported in front of me, blocking my way.

"Get out of my way!" I snarled, trying to push him.

"No! You must stay! I love you Night!" Reaper gripped my shoulders. "Don't leave me again."

"This isn't about you, Reaper. You have to let everything go. Let me go, I'm not going to come back no matter what you do. Let your revenge go, it's not going to help. Let it go Reaper." I pushed him again, but he barely budged.

"You love Genji." Reaper said flatly.

"Yes, my love for you has faded. Your place has been taken by Genji. You can't change someone's emotions." I backed away, and he stayed at the arch.

"I can change someone physically though!" Reaper snarled, readying his guns but I was already charging at him, kicking him to the ground.

"Genji!" I screamed as he was shot by Sombra.

I dragged him to an alleyway, I could see him bleeding at the stomach. "Oh, Genji! I'm so sorry! I was so tense and I didn't mean to be so mean to you! Please forgive me!"

He stopped my arm from trying to block the bleeding with his hand. "I forgive you. If I had known how much you'd had to deal with I wouldn't have snapped back at you." He fell unconscious, his head clunking on the ground.

"Genji! No! Genji! Come on! We will save you!" I grabbed him, starting to drag him back but I saw golden wings fly towards us.

"Did someone call for a medic? I will heal him, go help your friends." Mercy flew over.

I nodded in thanks and ran out, catching Sombra by surprise as she tried to hack D.Va's mech. "Get out of here!" I scratched her face, leaving deep claw marks on her cheek.

She suddenly turned invisible, leaving me with empty air. I looked around, seeing Widowmaker in a hidden area that only I could access. I crawled around, and caught her from behind, I gouged deep claw marks across her collarbone. Blood spurted from it. I was suddenly pushed off her by Reaper. His guns were behind him, and he raised his clawed hand, bringing it down on to my cheek. Pain shot through me, but more pain came when he dug his claws in to my stomach. I gasped, I was sweating and I could see black around my vision. I threw him off, crawling to the alleyway where I had seen Mercy. I clutched my stomach, screaming as Reaper shot one of my shoulders. I could feel my shirt staining with blood. Suddenly an ice wall separated me from him. 

I gasped in relief as Pharah flew down, picking me up and flying me quickly to the plane where Isla, Mei and D.Va were. She wasn't fast enough, Reaper flew up once more, and caught me above the eye with his claws. Blood was trickling in to my eye, blurring my vision. I could see Mercy taking care of Genji as Pharah set me gently down. I saw Isla, Soldier 76, Ana, Pharah, Mei and D.Va looking down at me as everything turned black. The last thing I heard was Mercy's voice telling everyone to move away from me and Genji's voice asking if I was alright.

I hope you like the book so far! It will end soon, and if there are any spelling mistakes please tell me in the comments so that I may know! Also if there are any improvements I can make for the future! Okay, bye everybody!