Chapter 8 - Leaving

I was starting to become more tense and anxious, causing me to lash out at the Overwatch members. Isla, Tracer, Mei and D.Va understood... but Genji was the one who snapped back.

"I don't understand why you are so upset nowadays! Why are you always angry with me?" He confronted me one night on a balcony.

"I don't mean it!" I protested. 

The truth was, I was always worrying about what I was going to do with two men loving me at the same time. It made me always stay silent with a frown on my face.

"It certainly seems like it!" Genji retorted.

"I'm sorry! I sincerely didn't mean it! I'll try to be better!" I pleaded.

"No, I can tell that you've changed. You don't seem to care about the relationship anymore, about us..." He backed away, towards the door.

"Genji..." I reached a hand out to him.

"I'm sorry, but we're over." He left in a flash of green light, leaving his words hanging in the air, repeating themselves.

I sunk to the floor, my head in my hands. I was sobbing, how did they expect me to deal with these things? I had two men loving me at the same time, both who I loved back and now one of them who I loved had just left me, tearing my heart in two. I ignored it, I had to stay strong. 

___________________________________________________________

"Hey, Raven? Can you pass me the pepper?" Isla asked.

"What?" I snapped. "Oh, here." I went back to frowning at my plate after I'd given the bottle to her.

"Raven? Is something wrong? You seem to be getting more and more irritated the more we talk to you, is there something we need to be worried about?" Mei asked.

"It's nothing, nothing." I replied distractedly.

"It's not nothing, you're hiding something! We've been friends for seven years and you are still hiding things from me? I thought we would tell each other our secrets! Whatever was happening in our lives we would tell the other!" Isla stood up suddenly.

"It's nothing like that! It's just..." I trailed off.

"It's just what? Or are you too high and above me now that Soldier 76 has started going to you as well as Mercy and Ana to ask for advice? Are you too high and above me now that you have started training with the older, senior heroes?" She glared at me.

"I don't think that!" Rage started boiling in my blood, furious at her jealousy and misunderstanding.

"You certainly act like it! You've been acting like we are too lowly and humble to have anything to do with you now!" Isla accused.

"It's not my fault that my strategy-thinking is better than yours or that my fighting skills are better than yours!" I retorted.

The whole room was silent, everyone was staring at us yelling at each other.

"Ladies, calm down." Ana stood up.

"Yes, we can sort this out peacefully." Mercy flew over to us.

"Go to your rooms and calm down." Soldier 76 growled.

"No, we aren't going to our rooms to sort this out! We are sorting it out right here, right now!" Isla glared daggers at me. "Do you really think you are better at strategy-thinking and fighting?" She raised an eyebrow, taking a step towards me.

"It would make sense." I held my ground as she took another step to me.

"Don't fight, it is true that now I have been going to Night as well as Mercy and Ana but that doesn't mean that you are worse than Night at strategy-thinking or fighting." Soldier 76 started walking to us.