Chapter 7 - The Fight

We raced out in to the open, finding the area in total chaos. Widowmaker's shots were meeting their targets, but they weren't strong enough to kill them. Lucio was busy pushing Reaper away from the entrances as Mercy was going crazy flying around trying to heal everyone. Mei was continuously putting her wall up against the entrance she was defending as Reinhardt kept his shield up. D.Va was flying above with Pharah, both were shooting down. Hanzo's arrows met their marks, but none of them did a lot of damage. I could see Junkrat's bombs flying in the sky and Roadhog running past, with Zarya's shield around him. I saw Sombra speaking in to her earpiece, I turned my ear towards her.

"-defences are too strong for us to handle, we need reinforcements now!" Right after she said that I saw dozens of Talon soldiers running towards us. 

Tracer zipped to Widowmaker's hiding spot, attacking her as Sombra zipped past Junkrat, going straight up to Winston's desk which held classified Overwatch information. I had to get to her. I zipped up with Symmetra and Genji. I rounded the corner to see Sombra absorb the information and activate a time bomb. 

She smiled and twirled her fingers, turning her invisible. I heard Reaper's laugh behind us as I rushed over to the bomb, trying to tug it from the desk. I turned around, my eyes wide as he put two more bombs.

"Look out!" I barely had time to say that when a white flash of light and noise rushed in to my ears and eyes. 

I opened my eyes, I could feel a gash in my stomach. I pulled a metal shard out and clutched the wound, crawling slowly through the smoke and ashes. Where was Isla? Where was Genji? Were they okay? I saw Isla's shape run towards me, along with the majority of Overwatch.

"Where's Genji?" I mumbled, my eyes blurry.

"Symmetra and Genji are alright... they are right now being taken out of the rubble." Isla helped me up.

"Agh." I winced as my stomach gave a sharp stab of pain.

"Mercy and Zenyatta will help you, Lucio is going to help too!" Isla hurriedly walked me toward the blurry entrance.

I looked around, my gaze sharpening. I could see a lot of black rubble and ash surrounding us. The tops of the buildings farther away had collapsed on to the blackened floor. I could see that most of Overwatch had signs that they had been pushed away by the explosion. Tracer's legs had scrapes on them whilst McCree's armour was falling off. I could see that there were various scrapes, cuts and rips. I turned my eyes to the entrance and saw Genji literally being carried by Hanzo and Zarya. I could see that he had tried to deflect the explosion, which clearly hadn't worked. A big chunk had been burned off his arm which was sparking with burnt wires. Half of Symmetra's body had been cut because she'd been behind glass as the explosion happened. As Isla hauled me to the medical room, everything fell black.

___________________________________________________

I slowly opened my eyes, taking in my surroundings. I was in the medical room with bandages wrapped around my stomach and arms. Genji was beside me with Zenyatta beside him, soothing Genji as he repaired him. Mercy was talking with Isla and Soldier 76 as well as Hanzo and Lucio. Symmetra's left arm and left half of her face was wrapped in bandages with a small box of jagged glass pieces beside her on a cart covered in blood.

"W-What happened?" I stuttered.

"Raven! Are you okay?" Isla rushed over to me, her eyes wide.

"Yes." I winced as my stomach gave a stab of pain.

"Okay Raven, I need you to stay still whilst I inspect you." Mercy walked over and unwrapped the stomach bandages. "That seems to be nice and clean! You can go back to your room in two days." She walked away.