"Stay over."

The day after, you walked over to my classroom. The incessant chatter around the room bothered me, but your presence in front of the doorway distracted me from being annoyed because of the noise.

"Is there something you need?" I asked you as I dipped my hands inside my pockets, my eyes staring softly at yours. I can really get lost in those orbs, as if they are worlds sucking me in.

As it seems to me, you are avoiding eye contact with me, and you are quite nervous (I can see the sweat dribbling down from your temples) about something. Long story short, you wanted to ask something from me yet you are reluctant to do so. "T-Tsukishima-kun...I—" you stammered and cut your words. You shook your head, and suddenly squished both sides of your cheeks with your palms. Weirded out by your act of confidence, I asked you if you were okay. You ignored my question and puffed your cheeks. "Let's eat lunch together!" You chirped.

I, who was trying his best not to laugh because confident-determined look doesn't really suit your face, nodded without trying to pry why in the world would you bother to spend time with me.

***

The two of us ate our lunch at the bench where you shared your tears with me. We mostly ate in silence because you looked like you are trying to build your train of thoughts, and I don't want to ruin it by suddenly speaking up. I know that it's a gamble, still, I decided to break the ice.

"What are—" you interrupted my words by chuckling nervously.

"Are you done eating? You should eat more because you are a volleyball player. You need a lot of protein and carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are energy source, did you know that? If you also had the chance, you should have a power nap." You rambled, and I let out a sigh. I mentioned your name, not wanting to sound slightly annoyed by this perked up side of yours.

"I know you want to ask me something." I said, putting down the empty lunch box beside me.

You sighed in defeat. "My teacher told me that you are good at Statistics and Probability, and I kind of suck at it so much." You said and chuckled nervously. "Since our midterms are just around the corner, and I don't want the Bernoulli or Hypergeometric Probability Distribution to ruin me by the day of our exams, so... Will you stay over at my place today and probably the next few days?" You asked.

"I'm staying at your place for the next few days?" I clarified, making you blush.

"I-I mean, you will stay over tonight and probably teach me until the day of our exams." You said, trying your best not to look too embarrassed.

"Sure." I simply answered. I will not waste the opportunity you are giving me to captivate your heart.