"I think you're beautiful."

For some unknown reasons, you asked me if I wanted to hang out for today. It's exactly three days before Christmas, and it seems that you are stuck-in-a-rut with both gift wrapping and last minute gift shopping. Having no plans for today, 22nd of December, I decided to tag along with you.
For some unknown reasons, you were delighted to hear that I'm coming with you. I find it a bit odd because you were showing unusual actions that I've never seen before.

***

The two of us met in front of the train station, I'm glad I came earlier than you or else it would have been considered as a dick move in bird culture. Your neck is wrapped with a black scarf and a beige winter coat over a burnt sienna boots. You looked gorgeous in those clothes. Cliche as it may sound, but you look great in every single clothing material that you wear.

You beamed a smile at me as you sprinted towards me. You called out my name, and I just muttered yours. I'm still not used to first-name basis, especially when it's with you. "Let's go?" You said as you dragged me into the train. I showed a calm expression in front of you, but in reality, my heart will burst into smithereens.

For some unknown reasons, your face is flustered. My heart is drumming against my chest, attempting to burst out. I averted my gaze from you, for I don't want to let my guard down in front of you.
For some unknown reasons, you clutched your chest and averted your eyes from me too.

***

When we reached the mall, you practically dragged me inside the stationary store and bought different craft papers, washi tapes, and gift wrappers. After that, we went inside a store named Surplus. You bought tons of face towels, shirts and socks that are on sale. I wanted to tell you that you should've just went to Sakanoshita, but you seemed to have your own share of enjoyment in this activity. Afterwards, we went to a store named Papelmerotti. You bought different notebooks, notepads and unusual boxes (I don't know what those small boxes are) that seemed to ignite your interests as well.

We ended our shopping spree by eating some Strawberry Shortcake in an infamous pastry shop in this mall. Though it certainly is a drag and an annoying experience to tag along with a girl that technically roamed the whole establishment, it was worth to see you smile (and to eat this piece of heaven).

For some unknown reason, I caught you staring at me as I contemplated whether I should eat the strawberry topping last or first. You cleared your throat, and stared at my orbs deeply and seriously.

"Something wrong?" I asked you, finally deciding that I should eat the strawberry last.

"W-what do you..erm..think of me?" You asked me out of the blue as I indulged myself (well, inside my head, that is) with the cake.

"I think you're beautiful." I bluntly said, making your cheeks blush furiously. I've only realized my straightforward comment the second I saw your flustered face. It was an honest comment. I want to take it back, because I don't want this friendship that has only started to end abruptly. I don't want to take it back, because I want you to know what I can see through my eyes.

"Thanks." You said, clearing your throat. "I-I think you are metaphorically handsome too." You said, emphasizing the word 'metaphorically' as you giggled through your own words.

"What?" I said, standing up from my seat. I inched closer to you, intimidating you with my looming height. "Care to repeat—"

"You are very attractive and smart," you said, a blush spreading across your cheeks. "Please, for the love of god, sit down." You said.

I smirked, and patted your head. As I get back to my seat, I thought about my luck. I knew that maybe if you didn't saw me in the library, we would have never been friends, let alone acquaintances.

Author's Note:
The stores mentioned are present at the Philippines. I don't know if it is also present in other countries. (You guys are lucky you have Michael's, we don't have that here.)

Thanks for reading
☆彡 Len