"Call me if you need anything." (Part 2)

"A-aren't you going to do it?" You taunted, but sounded suggestive because of your intonation. I can almost feel the quiver from your lips, and oozing anxiety that I might actually take the bait you are hoisting to me.

"Are you sure?" I asked you, taking in the risk that this may be one of your jokes or maybe because this is one of those dreams that I've never had in awhile.

You pried your eyes closed as I felt your hands holding my sleeves tightly. You nodded as your cheeks painted more colors than before. I chuckled and pecked your cheeks. No, not yet. This isn't the right moment. From what I can tell from your actions, that was supposedly your first kiss. (Also mine, but why would I even admit it to you?) I took a step behind, smiling at you. The sight of your flustered bravado never ceased to amuse me. "Why did you get sick anyway?" I asked, for you to brush off the memory of what could have been after that scene.

You giggled and scratched the back of your head, "I stayed up all night just to make--" you paused for a bit, dashing to the kitchen. I can hear the shuffling sounds, and the refrigerator's door opening for a second, and being abruptly closed afterwards. You came back to me, holding a pink box. "--this. I made this." You said and placed the box on my hand. "Happy St. Valentines day, Kei." You said, beaming a smile to me.

Baffled, I blinked my eyes several times just to confirm if this really is happening. You gave me a box of chocolate on a valentines day. "I–uh...thanks." I timidly said, hoping I'm not blushing or the like, because I can't handle the embarrassment of you teasing that to me. "So, have you eaten already?" I asked you, changing the subject immediately.

You smiled cheekily, nudging my sides a bit. "Did your heart go doki-doki when I gave that to you?" You teasingly asked me with a smug facial expression. "You blushed a bit, you know? Does Tsukishima Kei-kun like me perhaps?" You teased.

I sighed, slightly annoyed but it is the truth. "Fine, whatever floats your boat." I sarcastically said, rolling my eyes a bit. You giggled and wrapped your arms tightly around my waist, resting your forehead to my chest. You can probably hear my heart drumming against my ribcage. You softly smiled and rubbed your cheeks to my chest. Your closed eyes shifted to mine, fluttering as you gazed deeply.

"My white day present should topple this, you know?" You said and cocked your head to the side. "But it doesn't have to be expensive." You added, sounding like a requirement.

I smiled as you slowly loose your arms around my waist. "Sure." I said that made you giggle like a small child. "You should rest," I said, giving your head a pat. "And get better by tomorrow."

"Sure thing, mom."

"Call me if you need anything." I said, slowly walking towards the front door. You laughed as you walked by my side, ushering me outside. You smiled one last time, and then you pressed your lips to my cheek.

"Thanks." You simply said, cheeks turning red. I replied with the cliché you're welcome. In that second, your eyes gleamed seasons with the blossoming springs, hot summers, warm autumns and sunny winters. I cannot compel as to what the cogs inside your head processes, but by the smile on your lips and the look in your eyes; I can feel the overflowing gratitude and the, hopefully, affection.

Author's Note:
The proceeding chapters will be written in third person.