Kain Akatsuki oneshot for Dayelight

Kazumi is a noble vampire that goes to Cross Academy as a night class student. She's been in love with her friend and classmate Akatsuki Kain since she laid eyes on him. She's close friends with him and his cousin Aidou Hanabusa, as well as Ichijou Takuma. Lately she's been drifting from Kain lately because he has this on and off relationship with this girl Ruka. She doesn't give him respect and is head over heels in love with Kaname Kuran, but Kain still loves her anyway. They'd get together when Ruka felt shafted by Kaname and it was mostly sexual. Kazumi hated to see her best friend and crush willingly be used like this. She's told him it's not a good idea but he does it anyway. She hasn't talked to him in a few days since their last fight. She basically confessed her feelings mid argument and he said he'd do whatever he wanted with Ruka.

Kazumi was polishing her sword outside the moon dorm when someone called her name. She turned around and saw it was Kain. She basically have him a confused stare until he walked up to her. He looked really depressed, like something bad happened. "Can we talk? And can I apologize for what I said last time we spoke?" Kain said softly. "I guess so..." Kazumi said, completely off guard. "Let's go to the lake," Kain said then taking her by the hand, making Kazumi drop her sword. They arrived at the lake side and Kain hugged her tightly. Kazumi just stood there stiffly. "I'm so sorry..." he said on the verge of tears. "For?" Kazumi asked. "For our fight... you were right about Ruka. It took her breaking off contact with me and hurting my feelings for me to realize it... I'm sorry," Kain said sincerely. "You're an idiot you know that..." was all Kazumi said. "I am I am! I'm sorry. Please be my best friend again..." Kain pleaded. "Okay I forgive you," Kazumi said with a laugh. Kain hugged her tightly and she hugged back.

"I know I'm a moron but... can I confess my feelings now?" Kain said with a red face. "... what?" Kazumi muttered. "It took me a long time to finally notice it... I wanted you all along... Ruka was just me being lonely and stupid," Kain confessed. "Don't play with me Kain..." Kazumi said with hurt in her voice. "I'm serious... I'm sorry I've been an idiot. I was fine after a few hours from that bitch. But when I realized how badly I hurt you... I couldn't breathe. A delayed reaction yes but... I need you by my side Kazumi," Kain pleaded. "I swear to God if this is a joke..." Kazumi started, but was cut off by Kain's hungry lips. The two kissed passionately for some time, and then parted, panting slightly. "See? I'm serious," Kain said in a husky voice. "... Okay I believe you," Kazumi said with a giggle. "Be mine? Forever?" Kain asked. "Of course," Kazumi said. Kain bit her neck and drank some blood, then Kazumi drank some of Kain's blood after biting him. They kissed briefly and then hugged tightly.

The end!