Boomubbles Oneshot: Into The Woods

Requested by @RubyPpgLover
:D

Boomer's POV

I cautiously walked through the forest, fear gripping my heart. And a tight one it was.

My moves were shaky and quick, scared and afraid of what awaited me. It was dark and quiet, barely showing any sunlight. My heart beat rapidly as I went deeper into the forest. Guess this is what I get for wandering off...and believing in Butch and Buttercup's stories...I'll never chase a squirrel again.

I shuddered remembering the screams and gunshots I heard after I left. I was scared so I just kept running, hoping that everything would be okay.

It had gotten darker since I left, and I couldn't anyone or anything. The squirrel I was chasing had disappeared a long time ago, so I was left alone to search for my brothers and counterparts.

I wish Butch hadn't done the dare with Buttercup...and why did he have to drag us along? Sometimes I really hate Butch...

I heard a twig snap behind me. I froze in my spot, not able to move.

Someone was behind me. I was going to die. At least I hid my potato chips from anyone under my bed...no one would ever find them. And Butch will never know I broke his game controller. And Brick will never know I spilt soda on his project he failed. I'll die a happy man. I think...

"B-boomer...?" A frail voice said behind me. Wait...I knew that voice.

I turned around and saw Bubbles, her body covered in bruises and her outfit shredded. I gasped and rushed over to her, hugging her tightly.

"What happened!? Are you okay?! Where is everyone!?"

She weakly wrapped her arms around me and rested her head on my shoulder and started to cry. I gently kissed her cheek to assure her.

"Everything's gonna be okay..." I cooed, rubbing her back to make her feel safe.

"Wh-what happened?" I wasn't sure if I wanted to know anymore.

"Br-Brick...B-butch...they...they...m-my sisters..."

She pushed me away and turned around, vomiting on the ground. I flinched in surprise. I guess I shouldn't force her to speak about it...

After a few seconds, she turned around faced me with a heartbreaking look. She blinked back some tears, but they still came down like a waterfall.

"You're probably so disgusted right now!" She cried, hugging her arms as she shivered in the cold breeze, trying to warm the spots where her clothes were torn.

"No! I'm not! I'd never be! But you've got to let me help you! You're sick...!" I took a few steps towards her, my movements now firm.

Bubbles gave me a helpless look as she stared at me, her tears now slowing.

She ran towards me giving me another tight hug. I returned it with all my might, practically squeezing her.

And for me, it was a moment of Bliss.

••••