Chapter 2: Adrien's Song

"Marinette!" Marinette started to stir at the sound of her name. "Marinette! You have to hurry if you want to make it to your first day of school!" Marinette shot straight up. "I'm coming!" Marinette jumped out of her bed and ran around her room getting ready.

"I have breakfast waiting for you!" "Thanks mom!" Marinette grabbed her purse that she carried everywhere. She never left the house without it even though most of the time there was nothing in there.

Marinette dashed downstairs. "Morning sweetie." Marinette kissed her mom's cheek. "Morning mom." Marinette then continued to hurry. "Uhhh..." Marinette was forgetting something. "They're right here sweetie." Marinette turned around to see her dad holding a box of mini music note shaped cakes. "Thank you dad." Marinette went on her toes and her dad bent down that way she could kiss his cheek.

Marinette then ran towards the door. "Bye mom! Bye dad!" "Bye sweetie!" The door closed behind Marinette and she was off. Marinette ran and ran that way she wouldn't be late. When she got to the school, Alya was waiting for her.

"There you are!" Marinette was in front of Alya trying to catch her breath. "Did-did I make it?" The bell rang. "Yeah. You did. But now we have to go to class. Come on!" Marinette and Alya ran to class.

When they entered the room, Marinette looked around. It was big, but not as big as she had imagined and that was okay. She was just happy to be there.

Marinette sat down and Alya sat next to her. "Excusez-moi, but that my seat." Marinette slammed her head down on the desk she was sitting in. "Please tell me that's not who I think it is," Marinette said with her face still on the desk. "Then I would be lying."

Marinette turned her head in the direction the voice came from and saw her. Chloe Bourgeois was standing there with her hands on her hips waiting for Marinette to get up. "What do you want Chloe?" Marinette sat up. "I already told you. That's my seat." Chloe pointed at the seat Marinette was in.

Marinette wanted to smart off at her, but Alya put her hand on her shoulder. "Remember, 'good people do nothing.'" She removed her hand from her shoulder. Marinette nodded then looked at Chloe.

"There are no assigned seats Chloe. It's the first day of school." Before she could say anything else, Chloe interrupted her. "Exactly. Adrien is coming and he's going to sit right there." Chloe pointed to the seat in front of Marinette. "Who's Adrien?"

Chloe started to laugh. So did Sabrina. Marinette looked at Alya to see if she knew what they were talking about. She just shrugged. She didn't know, but she did know that she had to do something. "Answer the question Chloe." Alya's firm tone made Chloe and Sabrina stop laughing.

Before Chloe could say anything, Marinette returned the favor by interrupting her. "You know what Chloe. Don't tell me." Marinette stood up. "I'm staying here. Now take your attitude and get lost." Marinette pointed to an empty seat for Chloe to sit down.

Chloe scoffed and threw her nose up in the air as she started walking towards the open seat to sit down. Marinette then sat down and Alya used one hand to shake one of Marinette's shoulders in congratulations. "You did good girl." Marinette laughed. "Thanks."

Nino walked in the classroom and sat in front of Alya. Then Rose, Juleka, Myléne, Ivan, Max, Kim, Alix, and Nathaniel. "H-H-Hi Marinette." Nathaniel usually acted nervous around Marinette but she never knew why. She just gave him a warm smile, waved, and said, "Hi Nathaniel."

Nathaniel sat down in an empty seat a few rows behind Marinette. Nino turned around and said to the girls behind him, "Hey. Do you dudettes know anything about the new dude that's going to sit right here?" Nino pointed to the seat beside him. It was the same seat that Chloe was pointing to earlier.