Chapter 20: I Need A Hero

People started to cheer. The whole class came and saw the scene in person. Then Stone Heart was conscious and stood up and did something that sounded like a roar. Ladybug knew that this was just Ivan. He was scared.

"Ivan! Listen! Just calm down! Put Myléne down! I know you don't mean any of this!" Ladybug shouted to Stone Heart who was bigger from the fall when the akumas just came out of him.

Chat Noir was snapped out of his love trance when he saw what was happening. He started running up to Ladybug, what seemed like again. "Ivan. It's okay. You don't have to do anything. Just set me down and we can talk about whatever's bothering you," Myléne said, trying to talk sense into him. He yelled with frustration.

"There's nothing to talk about! It seems like I can't do anything without failing! I get so close and everything goes downhill! I'm not superhuman! I'm not like those heroes! I need one myself!"

"Oh, Ivan." Myléne screamed with the sudden movement that Stone Heart did to climb higher. Cat Noir and Ladybug gasped. "You've got to be kidding me!" Cat Noir shouted. "I signed up to perform! Not to do this!"

Ladybug froze. She didn't expect anything to escalate this quickly, or this big. She wasn't even sure about performing. Now she had to do this? Ladybug shook the thoughts out of her head. She made a promise to everyone and she wasn't going to go back and break it.

Ladybug started running up the tower. Nino suddenly started to scroll on his phone. Alya saw him as she recorded. "What do you think you're doing?"

"With an action scene like this you need music right?" He hit a play button on his phone, made sure it was turned up all the way, and held it up.

(Let's play the video now. This song might be cool. It might not. We'll see.)

"Oh. I like it. We may need it louder though."

"No problem." Nino took a speaker out of his pocket.

"And this is why you're the DJ."

They both laughed as Nino hooked up his phone and speaker. "They should hear it now."

They did. Ladybug and Cat Noir looked down at where the music was coming from. "Wow. I guess we get background music. Simply purr-fect." Cat Noir started to go up even faster with the music playing. "Great. I get to deal with his terrible puns now." Ladybug followed him. Both of them then heard singing.

(Stone Heart)
I'm just a step away
I'm just a breath away
Losing my faith today
(Myléne)
We're falling off the edge today

Myléne looked down. Terrified of the height from her and the ground Stone Heart made by climbing.

(Stone Heart)
I am just a man
Not superhuman

Myléne looked and Stone Heart. She putting a gentle hand on his thumb.

(Myléne)
I'm not superhuman
(Stone Heart)
Someone save me from the hate

From where Myléne's hand was to the rest of Stone Heart's body, he grew smaller. It was only half the speed that happened when he grew but he did shrink.

It's just another war
Just another family torn
(Myléne)
We're falling from my faith today

Ladybug caught this. She jumped over to the moving cat. For some reason, her outfit was something that was easy to run in. It was heeled boots and the shortest dress she had ever worn. Yet she could do parkour in it? It was weird.