Chapter 5: The Cry Baby

Wednesday was already here and Marinette hadn't sang her song yet. Now that she thought about it, only two people sung their songs. What did she have to worry about? She still had a few days left. The idea of performing in front of the class still scared her though. Especially when the owner of their own agency will be watching.

"Any one have their song ready?" No one moved. "No one?" Everyone looked around while Marinette sank down in her seat to try and hide. "Well then I guess I'll have to pick someone then."

Everyone froze as Madam B looked for someone to pick. "Myléne. Do you have an idea for your song?" Madam B said it sweetly and kindly, but Myléne then shook her head scared and had a tear escape her eyes.

Madam B noticed. "Are you alright?" She asked concerned. Myléne started to cry. It wasn't a sob, but it wasn't quick either. Almost everyone looked at her with concern, but not as much as Ivan.

"She just asked you a question, cry baby. Geez."

Everyone looked at Chloe. Myléne lit up slightly at the name though. "Miss Chloe Bourgeois!" Madam B was about to yell at her even more, but Myléne raised her hand and said, "I have my song Madam B."

The whole class looked at Myléne in question and shock. Madam B calmed down, forgetting about Chloe, and smiled at Myléne. "Well then, please, come on up." Myléne did so.

She sat on a black stool and looked down at the ground. Everyone was concerned, especially Ivan. Chloe on the other hand was sitting in her seat with her usual attitude.

Myléne pulled out her phone and played some music. {Author: Play the video now! ;)} The class kept looking at her concerned. Myléne soon started to sing.

You seem to replace
Your brain with your heart
You take things so hard
And then you fall apart

You try to explain
But before you can start
Those cry baby tears
Come out of the dark

Someone's turning the handle
To that faucet in your eyes
You pour it out
Where everyone can see

Your heart's too big for your body
It's why you won't fit inside
You pour it out
Where everyone can see

They call you cry baby
Cry baby
But you don't even care
Cry baby, cry baby
So you laugh through your tears

Cry baby, cry baby
'Cause you don't even care
Tears fall to the ground
We'll just let them drown

Cry baby, cry baby

Myléne was still looking at the ground and everyone was still looking at her with concern. No one had moved.

You're all on your own and
You lost all your friends
You told yourself that
It's not you, it's them

You're one of a kind
And no one understands
But those cry baby tears
Keep coming back again

Someone's turning the handle
To that faucet in your eyes
You pour it out
Where everyone can see

Chloe scoffed. Marinette looked at Chloe now. Marinette realized that Chloe was the main one that made Myléne cry. She turned around to look at Ivan. He was looking at Chloe with anger. Marinette hoped that nothing bad would happen. She continued to watch Myléne who was still looking at the ground.

Your heart's too big for your body
It's why you won't fit inside
You pour it out
Where everyone can see

They call you cry baby
Cry baby
But you don't even care
Cry baby, cry baby
So you laugh through your tears

Cry baby, cry baby
'Cause you don't even care
Tears fall to the ground
We'll just let them drown
Cry baby, cry baby
We'll just let them drown
Cry baby, cry baby
We'll just let them drown

I look at you and
I see myself
And I know you better
Than anyone else

Myléne started to look up from the ground as she kept singing.

And I have the same faucet in my eyes
So your tears are mine

Myléne looked straight ahead with tears in her eyes and face. She then shut her eyes and faced back at the ground but every now and then looked up.

They call me cry baby
Cry baby
But I don't even care
Cry baby, cry baby
I laugh through my tears

Cry baby, cry baby
'Cause I don't even care
Tears fall to the ground
I just let them drown

Cry baby, cry baby
I just let them drown
Cry baby, cry baby
We'll just let them drown
Cry baby, cry baby
I just let them drown
Cry baby, cry baby
We'll just let them drown

The music stopped and the class clapped softly. Sabrina elbowed Chloe to clap. Chloe rolled her eyes with a scoff and started clapping.

Myléne got up and went back to her seat. Madam B went to the front of the classroom and said, "Thank you Myléne. You did very well."

Ivan looked at Myléne who was wiping her tears. "Juleka. Do you think you can perform your song today?"

The attention was now on Juleka. "Yes ma'am," she answered quietly. "Well then come on up." Juleka did as she was told. The whole class watched her.

Juleka sat on the black stool and looked at the class with her natural expression. A piano then started playing from speakers that were too at the front of the room.

---

Sorry for the late update and short chapter. I was busy and I can only put one YouTube video on a chapter. I'll post the next chapter soon. Comment and see if you can guess Juleka's song, okay?

Bye! Also vote for what I should call you guys. Thanks! ~BB