Chapter 16: DJ Nino's Giant Beats

Nino put the record in the record player that was built into his DJ table. He spun it before putting the needle down on it. (You need to play it now!)

Everyone looked closely at Nino as he started to sing sweetly into the microphone.

Do you feel like you're second-hand?
Do you feel you're afraid to stand alone?

Nino turned a knob and a violin was heard all around the room. Nino then started singing into the microphone again as he turned the knob back to its original position.

Cut away every safety net
Live your life so you won't regret the road

Nino turned the knob again to let the violin play. He left it that way and pressed a button to let beats echo through the room with everything else. He then continued to sing.

Feels like you're standing there so small
Just the space between the stars

Adrien began to scoot over to the wall and reach for the light switch.

Don't be afraid to risk it all
Cause we are we are

Nino winked at Adrien and Adrien winked back at him. Adrien then shut off the lights the same time Nino hit a button on hit table.

We are giants

A light show came on.

We are giants

The whole class was in awe.

We are giants

There were three lights on each end of Nino's DJ table. All of them were different colors and they went up and down in sync.

We are we are
We are giants
We are giants
We are giants
We are we are

Nino then hit the button again and the lights started blinking rapidly. Almost to the beat.

Adrien flipped the lights back on as Nino hit the same button to make the lights go off.

Raise your flag; Let your voice be heard
Put your heart into every word you say

Nino turned the same knob like he did last time.

All your failures' a cornerstone
Build a house with the things you've thrown away

He turned the knob again and left it there. He also made sure the beats were at their needed volume.

Feels like you're standing there so small
Just the space between the stars

Adrien hovered over the light switch waiting for his cue.

Don't be afraid to risk it all
Cause we are we are

Adrien heard it and flipped the lights off again. Nino started up the light show again.

We are giants

The class had started clapping.

We are giants
We are giants
We are we are

The class stopped applauding for a while as Nino made sure everything was in order.

We are giants
We are giants
We are giants
We are we are

Nino made the lights flash again. The class started clapping to the beat. They even started to vocalize with Nino.

Nino turned everything playing on his table down but then slowly turned it back up for affect.

Feels like you're standing there so small
Just the space between the stars

Everyone started dancing in their seats. Even Marinette was swaying back in forth a bit. That was all Nino needed to make him ecstatic.

Don't be afraid to risk it all
Cause we are we are

Nino used that energy to finish big.

We are giants
We are giants
We are giants
We are we are
We are giants
We are giants
We are giants
We are we are

When the music ended everyone clapped and cheered. Marinette gave Nino a warm smile as he took a bow. He then went to pack up his DJ table. Adrien scooted back into his seat and Nino followed.

Marinette finally got the courage to lean pass Adrien and say to Nino, "You did great!" Nino smiled at Marinette and said, "Thank you."

Madam B went up to the front of the room. "Okay well. Adrien and Marinette are going to perform tomorrow. Ivan? Nathaniel? How about you two?" Ivan rolled his eyes. Nathaniel just got up and ran out of the classroom.

Out of concern, Marinette stood up. Alya raised her hand. "Can Marinette and I go see what's wrong?" Madam B nodded and off Marinette and Alya went to go find Nathaniel.

---
PLEASE READ!!!

Hi guys! I'm sorry for not updating in a while. But I've updated now! :)

I have a question for you guys. Should I enter this book in the watty awards or whatever it's called? I don't know if it's good enough or not.

News!!! I probably won't be able to update for a while. I have to go to Disney World for a week. I'll be sure to take a whole lot of pictures for those who want me to. I'll post them in my book "Tags, Updates, and Stuff" (yes it's new).

I will try to update when I get the chance. Meanwhile I want y'all to answer my question and leave as many recommendations as you can. I already have one for Nathaniel and Marinette. I think I have one for Ivan but I'm not sure. I'm not sure with Adrien either. Help me!!!

Well I'm LadyBelle. *curtsies* Bug Out!