Chapter 22: Hello, My Name is Marinette!

House-place where the audience sits
Off stage-literally means off stage or in the backstage area
Tech booth-where both sound and lights are handled
Wings-the side of the stage that has curtains to hide the backstage

"I can't do this." Marinette shut the curtains. She didn't want to do it.

"Girl! What gives?" Alya looked concerned at Marinette.

"I can't. I can't do this. I'll take a failing grade. I don't care! Just don't make me go out there!" Marinette was freaking out. Alya became even more concerned. Sure, Marinette has freaked out before, but never to this extreme.

"Girl! Girl! You'll be fine. What's the worst that could happen?"

"Well-" Alya covered Marinette's mouth.

"Never mind. You need to calm down." Alya slowly let go of Marinette's mouth. "Do you love to sing?" Marinette's eyes widened.

"What?"

"I said do you love to sing?"

Marinette then looked past Alya and saw Tikki on the other side of the stage, smiling. "Yes. I do. You know I do." Marinette then looked back at Alya.

"Then just sing. Don't let fear stop you from doing the thing you love."

Marinette looked at her feet. She was still scared and Alya could tell.

"How about this? You let me hear the song that you're going to perform and I'll stay with you until you're ready to perform. Okay?"

Marinette looked up. "Okay."

Marinette went and got a keyboard. "Isn't this one of those keyboards that can make a beat by pressing a button?"

"Yep! It can record too!" Marinette started to feel less scared and more like she was in her room with Alya. It was just her and Alya. Marinette started to set up.

"Wait! I got to go get something!" Alya went off the stage. Marinette was scared. What was Alya doing now? She then came back with a microphone.

"What? No! I'm not performing right now!"

"Relax. It's not on. Wait." Alya checked the microphone. She secretly switched it on instead of off. "Now it's off." Alya made sure to keep it away from her voice that way Marinette couldn't hear her over the speakers. Marinette grabbed the microphone and put it on the stand that Adrien had used. She adjusted it to where it would be on level with her mouth. She didn't suspect it to be on.

Alya was on her phone. She was texting someone. "Alya?"

"Yeah girl? You ready?"

"I guess."

"Just Start whenever you're ready." Alya got off of her phone.

Nino then picked up his phone in the house and read the text from Alya. "Hey. Madam B? Marinette needs me to be in the tech booth for her performance. May I go?"

"Yes you may."

Nino made his way up to the tech booth and turned down the speakers. He kept an eye on his phone for Alya's signal.

"Okay. I guess here goes nothing." Marinette took a deep breath. Alya secretly hit send on her phone. Nino received a text saying "NOW!" He then turned back up the speakers. Marinette started playing the keyboard. (Y'all ready? Play it now!)

H-Hey H-Hey

The whole house looked at the closed curtain.

H-H-Hey (H-Hey)