Always Missing People That I Shouldn't Be Missing

Chapter Song: I Hate You, I Love You - Gnash featuring Olivia O'Brien

---------------------------------

Chapter 61:

(Grey's POV)

A few hours earlier...

"Goddamnit Michael. I thought I wasn't going to have to put up with this shit again!"  My shouting volume makes my words forceful through the large living room of his house.

Michael sighs as he sits down with his drink at hand," I'm not going to give you advice anymore. I'm tired of you missing out on her. You've fucked up this time man. You don't deserve someone like her. She's too good for you. So leave her the Fuck alone, she deserves better."

I knew that every word that fell from his mouth was 100% true and that she really did deserve better. I mean, this guy she's with won't bring out her best traits like I once did, but at least he won't lead her to do bad things and be a bad person and possibly loose trust again. Though maybe those bad things are exactly what she needed. Maybe that edge adding to her good girl personality is what made her so perfect.

"Dude," Michael interrupted.

I sigh and pick up the bottle of whisky from the coffee table in front of me.

"I'm gonna go.." I trail off my sentence and stand up along with the bottle in my hand.

I take a huge drink and cringe as it goes down before walking out the front door.

I close the door and follow that with another drink. 

I need to see her. Now. I need to get the truth to her.

As I stumble my way down the concrete steps my thoughts come through clearer. Fuck, I need to be sober when I talk to her. I can't be fucked up when I tell her everything.

Hell, what even is the truth? What even is 'everything'? Fuck.

Well, I know that I screwed up badly in high school when we parted. Damn it Grey, why did we even split?

Why do you have to be so fucking stupid and drink? Why can't you just go through life without succumbing to the urge for alcohol?

I need to walk this shit off and come back to my car to go find Kerri.

(Kerri's POV) Present Time

"Two shots of the lady's choice," the tall, dark, and handsome man states to the bartender. The man behind the bar looks at me and waits.

Why didn't I do more drinking in highschool? I don't even know what a shot can contain.

I smile and take a risk," whiskey please."

He pours our drinks and hands them to the very attractive guy.

He gives me a bright smile and holds up his shot glass. "I'm Houston."

I return the smile and hold up my shot glass as well," I'm Kerri."

Our glasses clink and I turn mine up right before my annual cringe and slight cough. The two come in pairs after I drink a strong alcohol.

Why did I always prefer to be the good kid? Now I know nothing about the world.

"Well Kerri, You aren't much of a drinker are you?" he questions and we set our glasses down.

I shake my head no and smile kind of embarrassed like. It is pretty embarrassing that I cannot even be sure what a shot is. Or even understand the system here.