My Heart Is Breathing For This

Chapter Song: Moments - One Direction

---------------------------------

Chapter 62:

(Kerri's POV)

Our hug continues and turns into a five minute long hug.

"Okay," I state out of the blue. Grey pulls back and is washed with a look of relief.

"Kerri, I really don't know what is wrong with me. I am so sorry. I really am."

Maybe it was Houston's words that changed my mind. Maybe it really was different now and maybe now everything is real, maybe he won't hurt me and be childish. Sure we are still growing up but maybe now he realizes how not to be a total ass.

Grey's smile has erupted into a full blown facial change. His eyes have lit up, his pearly whites are on full view, his eyebrows have risen, he's happy.

He takes my shoulder and looks at me," you wanna dance?"

I nod with an enormous smile but then remember Houston is waiting for me.

"I've gotta finish my conversation with Houston, care to start without me?" I ask with a small smile, not nearly matching the one plastered to his face.

How can this make him so happy?

He shrugs," sure."

We walk back inside and part our different ways, I towards Houston and the bar and Grey towards the crowded dance floor.

When the sweaty smell hits me from the dance floor a reminder hits me as well. What about Diana? Fuck.

She ran off, I have to find her.

I walk up to Houston with a smile on my face, holding back the worry.

"I uh, have a friend in here somewhere probably shitfaced, I kinda need to find her. Do you mind if I leave you for a second?" I ask but sit down in the seat beside him anyways.

He looks at me and hands me a cup," everyone is shitfaced, don't worry about it."

Kerri, why do you always get stuck in these situations?

I nod and spin in the chair.

Me being my dumb ass self blurts out," your eyes are stunning."

He shakes his head," contacts darling, they aren't real."

He places a hand on my knee and leans forward," your eyes are gorgeous as well. Very unique and very pretty. They are real?"

I nod, not speaking a word due to my mouth drying out. His hand has got me stumbling for words.

I try not to let it get to me or at least not show it, but I can't. My cheeks have risen in temperature and are probably red as a beet. The butterflies in my stomach are flapping around and all he can do is make it worse by getting closer and looking at my eyes.

He leans about as close as you can get before touching faces and seals it with a kiss.

He slides his hand further and I immediately go into panic, pushing him away and blurting out," I have a fucking boyfriend!"

I try to calm myself as much as possible but it seems to not be working.

I jump up out of my seat seconds before Grey arrives.

"Kerri, are you okay?"

The worry in his eyes are deafening to the world around me. My head is spinning, my stomach churning, just let me throw up already.

I wrap my arms around Grey's frame for a second and let loose.

"Are you okay?" He asks again but I don't answer.

Grey leaves my side and moves closer to Houston," what the Fuck did you do?"

He shrugs and laughs at the situation.

"Its not like she didn't enjoy it," the asshole states instead of answers.

I eye him and pull Grey back, no fights tonight.

Grey's fists are balled and ready to impact Houston's face. "You better back the Fuck up before you end up on the ground you fucking son of a bitch."

Houston sits back in his chair, ignoring Grey's warning.

"Who is your boyfriend Miss. GoodyTwoShoes?" He asks with a smirk.

"None of your goddamn business." Grey's interjection pisses him off more and he grasped the counter, turning his knuckles white.

Grey takes my arm and we walk away, onto the dance floor.

"I'll take that dance now…" Grey pulls my hand and brings me closer.

I roll my eyes at his change.

He's got me spinning in circles. Was Houston right? Has Grey changed? There's still this part of me that wants to refrain from trusting him.

We are grinding and I finally decide that I am way too sober for this.

"I need a drink. I'm too sober." I yell to Grey's flushed face. He nods and runs off the floor.

He returns with a glass of something clear. I didn't care what it was, I just downed it quickly.

"Damn, okay."

His surprised face made my smile appear. I handed him back the glass and started dancing again.

I wish we hadn't had all our fights and arguments, I wish I had been able to trust him in the first place, things would be even more enjoyable right now.

As he hands the glass to some random dude he turns to me with a laughing face. A genuine smile. God how I had missed that smile.

It's funny how we can act like nothing fell apart between us. It's funny how we can dance and laugh like nothing happened and everything is fine. Everything slowed as the music faded. His laughing face fell, his eyes blew up in surprise and gun shots fired all around us.

Everyone rushed for cover as I stood there shocked and out of control of my own body. It was as if everything was in slow motion. I couldn't move, as much as I wanted to, I was too shocked. Grey threw me over his shoulder and ran for the bar as more gunshots were fired.

I didn't move, I didn't blink, I was too shocked to. Everything blurred as I passed out. Grey's bloodied face was the thing I saw last.

Tell me who you think it is and how you think the next chapter will go. I hope you like this action packed chapter. I really tried to capture what Kerri was feeling in those last moments. I hope you are having a wonderful Holiday season!! Thank you for reading! I love all who reads!! 💕💕 Much love!!-C