CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER 14:
"Liam's mom… she… she," Callie began to cry again.

"Ssh… it's ok…" Brandon rubbed her back.

Callie took a deep breath, "Liam's mom fostered me for Liam… she knew what he did and sometimes she'd watch and laugh."

Lena gasped, "oh my god!"

Brandon looked pissed off but kept calm for Callie, "Ssh… it's ok… I promise that'll never happen again."

“How do you know for sure?” Callie whispered

“You have to trust me.”  Brandon replied

“How can I do that, after what Wyatt and Liam did to me?” Callie said quietly.

“You can trust me Callie I promise.” Brandon said.

“Callie, you need to do the surgery.” Lena said

“Can Brandon stay with me?” Callie asked after a few minuets

“No.” The doctor said sternly as he walked in the room

Callie started to cry again.

“Doctor whatever your name is I need to talk to you outside please.” Lena said sternly “Brandon stay with Callie.”

The doctor and Lena went outside the room. Brandon grabbed Callie’s arm and pulled Callie up. Then he sat down on the bed and then sat Callie in his lap. Callie closed her eyes and fell asleep instantly feeling safe.

*OUT IN THE HALL*

“This girl has been through a lot these past few weeks, I am going to set up an appointment later in the week for the operation. If you force her to do this operation I will sue this hospital.”

“She has to do the….” The doctor tried to say then walked away

Lena went back into the room and saw Brandon sitting on the bed with Callie sleeping in his arms.

“Brandon Carry Callie to the car while I check out. She is going to come back later in the week for the surgery.” Lena whispered

“OK.” Brandon replied

Brandon picked Callie up. She moved a little and Brandon stopped hoping he didn’t wake Callie up. Callie just shifted and buried her face deeper into his chest. Brandon got to the car laid Callie down on his lap. Lena got into the car.

“Brandon is anything going on between you and Callie? “Lena asked with a stern tone.

“Mom nothing major is going on.”

“Last time you said that you kissed. “