Chapter 6. Out with the old, in with the new

~Kendall~

It was about 9 in the morning when I decided to take a walk. I walked passed Studio 66 (I didn't have to work because it was a Saturday). I walked to the mall. I was going to meet Chris here and then we were going to meet Stevie and Hayden. I walked to the food court and saw him. He looked like he just died, or didn't want to get up.

"Hey sunshine," I said as I laughed and sat next to him. He had coffee in one hand and the other hand rubbing his eyes.

"Morning, how was work and babysitting," he asked.

"Work was boring. As always. I swear someday I'm going to get a better job," I said as I frowned.

"And babysitting?" he asked.

"My sister is sick so my dad and step mom stayed home with her. I was going to call and see if you wanted to chill for the night but I decided I needed to go to bed," I said in a complaining tone.

"Oh. Well we are here now. As tired as I am and as worked as you are I think we should just chill today."

I agreed completely. "Yeah, so when are we meeting Hayden and Stevie? Like in how many hours?" I asked.

"Uhh... In a few. So what do you wanna do?" he asked.

"Let's walk around the mall. Check the stores out, I guess."

"Okay," he agreed and we got up. When he stood up I guess he got dizzy because he quickly sat back down.

"Come on," I said as I grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

"Sorry, my head just really hurts," he mumbled.

"Don't mumble, it's a complete turn off. Let's speak up and walk slowly," I said as I put my arm around his waist and he put his arm around my shoulder.

We met up with Hayden and Stevie a few hours later and told them about us. They kind of freaked at first and Hayden is still a little weird about it.

As soon as we got back to his place we quickly went up to his room. He basically tackled me on his bed. He kissed me and his hands went up my shirt a little. He kissed me one more time before he got annoyed.

"What's wrong?" he asked as we sat up.

"I don't really want to make out right now. What do you want for Christmas?" I asked as I pulled my knees to my chest.

"That's like more than a month away, why do you care right now?" he asked. He was surely puzzled.

"I don't know, I'd just like ideas."

"Well I don't really know yet. What do you want?"

I sighed, "A new job, a new car, money, a new town. You name it, I want it," I said.

He moved next to me. "I can't really get you any of that, but I can get you a very merry Christmas," he said as he buried his face in my neck.

"Oh thank you, that pays the bills. I feel like this every Christmas. This is the time of the year I realize how much I hate my job, and my car, and how much I hate my pay, and how much I despise this small ass town. Giving takes my mind off of it," I said as I ran my hands through his messy hair. Next thing I knew we were laying down and he was kissing my cheek.

"Awww! Well we are going to have the best Christmas ever!" he said loudly as he hugged my tight. "You are never going to forget this Christmas and we are going to spend every second of it together and I'm going to get you the best present ever!"

"Chris! Your insanely loud and happy right now! It's scary!" I laughed a little.

"I just love you so much!"

"Let's get through Thanksgiving first, okay?" I asked as his hands moved to my waist.

"Damn it! Why'd you remind me that your going to be gone?" he whined.

"What?!?" I freaked out. I made the all-happy Christofer upset? Wow. "Chris, I didn't remind you. You reminded yourself. I just said we should wait for Thanksgiving to pass before we make all these plans," I said. He hugged my tighter as I gasped for a little air.

"I wish you were gonna be here with me. It's unfair I'm not gonna have you to myself for Thanksgiving. You can stay here, and spend it with me?" he whispered in my ear.

"I gotta go, I'll be in California for 3 days! You can live!"

"Fine, call me like every hour an never leave your phone. I'll be texting you 24/7."

"Wow, your already clingy," I joked.

"I just really love you," he said. I don't know why, but the way he said that made me feel sad. Why would he say he loves me in a tone like that?