XIX-Mama Solace

WPOV:
It broke my heart, how Nico thought all those things of himself. I sat with him for a while, a few hours at least, just holding him, when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I called.

My father walked in and I tensed. Nico must've noticed because his eyes fluttered open. He followed my gaze to my father and started shaking slightly.

I removed my arms from around him and got slightly in front of him, in a protective stance and stood up, so I was taller than my father.
He glared at Nico.

"What are you doing with him?" He asked, poison leaking from his words.

"What do you want?" I growled.

"I want him out of my castle, or I'll throw him out myself." He snarled.

"You'll have to get through me first." I snarled back.

He smiled.

"I plan to."

Then he walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him. I heard a click and ran over to the door. He locked the door. He trapped us in here. I turned back to Nico to see he was having a panic attack. Schist, in all the excitement, I forgot about Nico's panic attacks. I rushed over and took a seat next to him.

"Hey, Nico. It's alright. Everything will be okay."

"He-you-said-smiled-plan." He babbled out.

He turned a green color and I quickly put a hand under his head and lifted him into a sitting position and brought up a garbage can. He spit up a bit into it and started to lean into me.

"Hey now. Steady. There we go. It's okay. I won't let him hurt you. Everything will be fine, I promise."

I started rubbing his back lightly and he stopped whimpering.

"Nice job, Nico. That's the way. Shh...Everything will be okay."

His breathing evened out and he calmed down.

"So sorry-Will-just got scared-I remembered-threatened you-panicked-" He spoke quickly, forcing the words to leave his lips.

"Shh, it's alright Nico. I love you. I'll be fine. Don't worry."

I kept rubbing his back and he slowly shut his eyes. There was another knock on the door and the door unlocked. My mother walked in, fuming. She stormed up to me.

"You kidnapped him?" She screeched.

Nico mumbled but stayed sleeping.

"Shh...maybe?" I shrunk down a bit.

"How dare you! Did he even want to come with you?" She whisper yelled.

"Um, well, no, not exactly." I admitted.

"Ugh! Did he deserve to be kidnapped?"

"Well...no."

"Then why? Why did you capture him?"

"I-I'm sorry."

"Good!"

"Well, what do you want me to do?"

"Ask him what he wants to do! Give him the options."

"But-"

"No buts. If you love him, you've got to give him the option of letting go. He is not safe here."

I sighed.

"Alright, mom. I got it."

"Good." Then she swiftly turned and left the room.

This was going to be hard.

Word count: 504