Chapter 1

I hear my alarm go off early in the morning. I hit the snooze button shuffling around in my bed. I find myself slowly falling asleep again then I shoot up. I need to get ready for school. I can't be late today. I was late the past 2 days. I grab a pair of dark blue jeans and slip them on. I put a gray tank top on then a black hoodie over it. I put my red converse and debated on makeup. I didn't need it I have pretty clear skin.

I ran out of my room and opened my moms door. "Bye Mom!" I yell. "Bye sweetie. Have fun at school today!" She groans. "I will! Bye!" I grab my house key off the table and run down the driveway onto the main road. I pull my long brown hair into a ponytail still dashing to school. I'm 18 and I live pretty close to school so it's not that long of a run. I run into the school doors meeting the face of a few other students.

I see my friend Katy sitting at our normal table. I walk over and sit down. "Hey Amelia!" She smiles. "Hi Katy." I reply. "Look who isn't late today!" She giggles out. I nudge her with my elbow. "Leave me be! I've had a lot on my plate lately. With prom around the corner and me being in the student council it's stressful." I explain. She nods. "I'm only messing. I know your busy but you need to get organized or your gonna explode or something." She says taking a bite of the pancakes she has chosen for breakfast. "For one that's not how that works and two I will." She smiles and takes another bite. I grab my stuff off the table and stand up. "I'm gonna head to class early so I'll cya up there." I explain. "K" she says with a mouthful of pancake. I start walking into my first period class and I place my books at my desk. I sit and start to doodle on my note pad.

I draw a cat, dragon, a computer screen and a dog...well it was intended to be a dog. I look up at the clock. I had 15 minutes of free time until the first bell rang. I sigh tapping my pencil off the desk to the best of the song in my head. The teacher walks in and places his stuff on his desk. "Hello Mrs.Carson. I see your early again." He says organizing the papers on his desk. "Yeah I'm not late again Mr.Jasper." I say placing my pencil down. Mr.Jasper was the kind of teacher the girls go ga-ga for. He's still in his late 20s. He has black hair, shiny black hair, and thick rimmed glasses. He is pretty handsome. "So what are we doing today?" I ask him.

"Well today is Friday so I thought we could finish the next few chapters in the book we're reading." He explains. I nod as he speaks explaining what we're doing today. Then the bell cuts him off. Students start walking in from the lockers. "Welcome class!" He says taking his glasses off.