Chapter 14

I turn around and see Ryan standing there. I look at him and see a gun in the waistband of his jeans. "Your in a place full of gang members do you think we would just have a door and poof your free?" He chuckles "You must be stupid!" He laughs. When he was finished laughing he grabbed my arm and pulled me inside. He slammed the door shut and looked at me. "Don't you ever try to leave or I might have to take extra precautions to make sure you don't escape." He says tapping the gun in his waistband. "Do you understand?" He asks. "Y-Yeah." I say nodding my head looking down.

I thought it would work but of course if doesn't. My life is falling apart right in front of me. How did I let this happen? How did my seemingly normal life come to this?

Ryan walked past me bumping into my shoulder making me tumble back a bit. "You asshole." I mutter under my breath. I turn and head into my room. I walk in and see Erik standing at the end of my bed. I jump when I see him. "Jesus man! Don't scare me like that!" I say holding my chest. "Sorry." He says his voice slightly scratchy. "It's fine." I say walking over to the bed and laying on it. "Are you ok?" He asks. "In what way would I be ok in this situation?" I ask getting a little impatient. "Yeah I can see why you'd be upset." He says sitting on the bed beside me. He placed him hand on my leg and looked me in the eyes. "Everything will be okay. Trust me." He says patting my leg. "How can I trust you? You kiddnaped me." I kinda scream. "And you got me nearly beat to death. We're even." He says with a smile. "I'm still sorry about that." I say looking down.

He grabs my chin and lifts it up. "Don't be." He leans in and kissed me. I kiss back. He put his hand on my back pulling my body closer to his. I put my arms around his neck while our kiss is perfectly in sync with one another. I missed the feeling of his soft lips on mine. I didn't feel like my attraction to him was based on his looks. It was his care and protectiveness over me. He was caring from the beginning. How did he arrive in this mess of a 'job'?