Chapter 2

Sitting in my last period class the announcements came on "Hello students. I hope you all had a successful educational day!" The principal started. "This Saturday is Prom! We will need all student council members to stay after school once again tonight and finish the setup. That is all." The speaker crackles off and the last bell of the day rings. I stand up with my books and head out the door. I walk out and meet the face of Chad Williams. He acts like he's obsessed with me. He's popular and I'm not. Not even near popular I have 3 friends and I'm ok with that.

"Hey baby doll." He says winking at me. "I'm not in the mood Chad." I say walking forward. "Oh come on chicky. You know you like me." He swooshes his hair from his face. "No offense Chad but not really."  He scurries to catch up with me. "But every girl wants the me to date me. Why don't you?" He asks. "Cause no one else can see how stuck up you are." I walk to my locker and left him in the dust. I open my locker and put my stuff in the locker locking it. I can come back later to collect my stuff but I have to hurry to the gymnasium to set up. I watch as the other students flee the building going to there funfilled weekend and I'm here setting up for prom. "Yipee." I say sarcastically. I walk into the gym and see the work that has already been done. "Omg Kass! Chad is SOO into me!" Bell says. "Whateves Bell. Mr.Jasper looked at me in class! Like omg dying!" They gossip together. They're popular but there not snobby there really nice. "Hey Kass. Hey Bell." I say to them. "Omg it's Amelis!" Bell says. "Omg our fav council member!" Kass continues. They say this to me everyday so I can literally recite the next part. "I love your hair, eyes, nose, clothes, UGH YOUR JUST SO PERFECT!" Kass says. "Her hair is so silk! And her eyes are like water. Not like the tap water. Like ocean water." Bell giggles. "Thanks but I have to start working so." I say "Hey Amelia we have a party to get to so..um can you do our half?" They beg. I let out a sigh.

"Yeah sure." I say "omg we owe you big time!" "Yeah big time!" They rush out. It was only me and Tiffany. She sets up streamers and throws glitter on...everything. "Ok I'm done." She walks out. I'm alone. I set up the balloons, posters, and lights. I climb up the ladder and start putting balloons up on the ends of the banners. I yawns and climb off the ladder. I look around and see how perfect it looks. I yawn again and stretch my arms. I check my phone it's 11:30 "Damn it." I grab my jacket off the table. I pull my glasses out of them and put on my thick rimmed glasses on. I slipped on my jacket and walked to my locker. I grabbed my stuff from my locker and walked out of the school. I start walking down the giant hill the high school sits on.

It's dark and cold out so I run my hand down the sleeve of my jacket. I hear leafs crunch under my converse. I put my hood up. I feel the chilly winter air hit my back. I grab my phone and text my mom.

To:Mom
Hey Mom I'm almost home be there in a few!
~read~

From:Mom
Ok baby girl. See ya when you get here!

I put my phone in my pocket. As soon as I put it in my pocket I felt somthing hard hit my back. I yelp in pain. My glasses flew off my face. I flip over to see a person stand tall over me then black.