Chapter 8: Little Styles

" You're worthless! You can't even make a decent meal!" My father threw the plate at me. The whole plate. It hit my forehead, which started bleeding. My mother got up furiously, marched towards me, and I backed away. "You made your father upset, Valerie." My mother said in a maniacal voice. "You know I don't like it when you make your father angry." A knife was conjured in her hand, out of nothing. Out of nowhere. She took the knife and cut my arm. The pain was unbearable. I screamed, and screamed, and screamed.......

"Valerie!!!! Wake up, it's just a dream!!!" Harry said as he shook me by the shoulders. My eyes shot open. Harry was holding me with a terrified look in his eyes. Liam, Louis, and Zayn were surrounding my chair, looking exceptionally worried. Niall was on his knees next to me, his face completely flushed. He looked like he was about to faint..... Like he was in the dream himself.

"What..... Where are we?" I asked Harry. He looked at me closely, as if I was going to have another screaming fit. Then he said, "We're on the plane, remember? We're going back home." "Still?" I asked in shock. "You shouldn't complain," said Niall, with a slight smile, glad to see that I was okay. "You haven't had to deal with Louis and Zayn's stupid conversations about God knows what for 13 hours."

"I've been asleep for 13 hours!!!" I asked in surprise. "Correction," said Louis, " You've been asleep for 13 hours and a half." "WHAT!!!" I exclaimed. " Why is it so light outside then?"   "Different time zone." Said Liam. "We're fairly close to getting there."        "Valerie," Harry said, and I turned to face him, "What were you dreaming about?"       ".... I don't wanna talk about it right now." I said quietly.      "Valerie," said Harry seriously, "Sweetie, you can tell me anything. All your greatest fears. I'm your brother. I couldn't be there for you when you had these nightmares when we were kids, but we're together now and I wanna protect you in every way. Even from your subconscious."  Wow, I thought, he's so nice and protective. I love that. I love him.      I threw my arms around him and let my tears flow. After a while of me crying and him comforting me, I pulled back, ready to tell him my fears and my nightmares. Then I felt a slight touch on my shoulder, and the explosion of butterflies in my stomach told me it was Niall. "Can you tell us too Val?" his Irish accent confirmed my suspicions. "Yeah, Val," said Zayn. "We can be a great help." "He's right," said Louis, being totally serious for the first time since I've met him, "I have four younger sisters, and as soon as Harry told us about you, I said to myself that you were going to be like my fifth sister, no exceptions."      "We all did," said Liam. "You're officially another one of One Direction's little sister. Including Zayn and Louis' little sisters." He added, when he saw my confused face. "Tell us." said Harry, looking into my eyes reassuringly.

      Then I started to spill my heart out to them. I told them about everything. The beatings. The hatred. The fear. The long nights of no sleep. The anxiety. The depression. Everything.

At the end of it, Harry stood up, and I followed suit. He hugged me tight, and the wet drops on my blue sweater indicated that he was crying. Hard. "I'm sorry," he sobbed. " I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you from those bastards. If I were there, I would have never let them lay a hand on you. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." He was crying so hard. I pulled out of the hug to look into his eyes. "Harry, I have nothing to forgive you for." I said. "It wasn't your fault, it wasn't anyone's fault. Plus, they're gone now. They can't hurt me anymore." I said. He smiled, "I love you, sis." "I love you too, bro." I replied with a smile.

     "Awwwwwww" said the other boys simultaneously. "That was sweet." said Niall. I turned around and smiled at him, and he blushed.

Zayn tapped my shoulder and asked, "Hey Val, what's your last name?" "Obviously Styles." said Louis, looking at me, circling a finger around his ear. "I mean, her other parents' last name, stupid." Zayn said, shoving him. With that, they started an all-out shoving war. "YO!!!!" I said very loudly. "Are you guys done? I'd like to answer your question." "Sorry Val." said Louis and Zayn like little kids, with their heads hung. "Thank you." I said, like a teacher. "My last name is Stefen." I said. "You are going to change it, right?" said Liam. "Yeah Val." said Harry. "Would you like to be a Styles?"  "Hmmm...." I said, pretending to think. "Valerie Georgia Styles....... I LOVE IT!!!!!" I yelled.

"Great!" said Louis. "You're officially going to be....... Our Little Styles!!!" We all cheered loudly. Then, the pilot of the plane spoke through the speakers and said, "I hate to break up such a touching moment, but you need to take a seat and buckle your seatbelts. We're going to land in a few moments."

-------------------------------------

Author's Note:

      Touching, right? It really took me a looooong time to write this chapter.  Shout Out to my best friend forever Aminata Drame!!! LOVE YA!!!!!

Warm Regards,

      Nely <3