Chapter 11: Daydreamin' Niall

Niall's POV:

" Horan!!!" Louis calls as he chases me through the house.

I laugh loudly and run up the stairs.

"Try and catch me, Tomlinson!!!" I shout back.

As soon as I say it, I hear Valerie laugh loudly. "Harry, NO!!! Put me down, put me DOWN!!!" She squeals loudly. It's such a beautiful sound.

"What's wrong with me?" I ask myself out loud and chuckle.

After a while of hiding in the attic and not being found by the other lads, I go down to the kitchen quietly when my stomach literally growls. I go into the kitchen and grab anything I can use to make a sandwich.

"They're still looking for you." says a small voice behind me. When I turn around, I see that it is Valerie.

"I know," I say, slightly shocked and confused about how she even got to be behind me. "How did you get in here?"

"I walked." she says simply, shrugging.

"Oh," I say, slightly confused, "I...I meant like, when did you get here?"

"I know what you meant," she says with a smile, " I just like to confuse people at times."

"To answer your question, I saw you creep in here undetected, so I followed." She says.

" Undetected, except by me of course." she says with a smirk, then a full-on smile, showing off her beautifully deep and accented dimples, and her big green eyes sparkle bright.

It's incredible how much she looks like Harry.

I don't believe, let alone understand, what's happening to me.

I love our fans, but I was always confused as to why they would always go crazy over his constant smirking.

Or his smile.

Or his dimples.

Or his green eyes.

But now I get it...

Her smirk gives off an air of confidence. It seems to say that no matter what type of things she has gone through in her entire life, she is still willing to go on in life with the amount of confidence needed to move on with her life. But yet, she's so shy, that her smirk shows that off as well. It makes no type of sense, but it makes her even more adorable.... if that's even possible at this point.

Her smile is wide. Her teeth are perfectly aligned. Her smile holds so much life and sincerity in it that is rare for people living in this time period. You can tell when she is genuinely happy. I know I've only known her for a day, but I can tell this is true every time she smiles.

Her dimples are deep. That's about enough to drive me crazy. I can't help but fantasize about poking my finger into them, the left one. That one is slightly more deep.

... I really have gone mad, haven't I?

And finally, her eyes. Her eyes are big and wide, yet they are slightly stretched at the ends, making them look like fat almonds. Really fat almonds. Her eyes are big, fat almonds....

.... I'm hungry....

"Yo, Blondie!" Valerie's voice cuts clear through my crazy thoughts. "Get your head out of Mars."

"What?" I ask, completely confused. "What happened?"

"Nothing," she says, with her cheeks flushed, obviously shy. "I was just... you were.... kinda starting at me." She says and she turns a brighter color of red.

"Oh, sorry.." I say hastily, and I'm sure I'm blushing too. "I was just... thinking." I say pathetically and I'm not sure if she heard me.

"Oh...okay," So she did hear me. "I should probably go up to my room. See you later, I guess." she says quietly and makes her way past me.

...Neither of us saw that puddle water on the floor.

She slips.

She screams.

Everything seems to go I'm show motion as I reach my arms out and grab her.

One hand on head.

One on her back.

... And my face only inches away from hers.

"Sorry," she says shyly, blushing hard now.

"It's okay," I assure her softly. "You have nothing to be sorry for." I'm very aware that I am still holding her, but I don't want to let her go.

"What the hell!" I hear Harry yell from outside the kitchen.

Valerie hastily gets on her feet, and I can't help but feel emptiness as soon as we lose physical contact.

Harry comes into the kitchen and looks at Valerie, concern clear in his face.

"What happened?" he asks, pale in the face.

"Nothing," responds Valerie, red in the face. " I just.... like slipped, or something.... on water... or something, on the floor. I'm tired. I should go to my... the.... my... uhm, room." she rambles shyly.

" You shouldn't be so shy, Val." I tell her, trying to look into her eyes but she looks at Harry, then looks at me, then at the floor, then darts out of the kitchen like a scared little mouse.

"What are you doing to my sister, Horan." Harry asks between his teeth. He's very scary when he's angry.

" Nothing," I answer shortly, and walk swiftly out of the kitchen. It's true, I'm not doing anything to her...

...It's her that's doing things to me.

_______________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

I'm soooooooo sorry that I take so long to write these really short paragraphs. I know I write sort of suckishly but I promise I will get better along the way. LOVE YA!!!

P.S. I might be writing a new story along the way along side this one Hint , Hint. Wink, Wink ;)