Year 3

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy birthdayy dear Hinataaa! Happy birthday to..yoouuuuu!!"

Jess and Regan grinned, holding the small obnoxiously sprinkled pink cupcake. I gave then a questioning look.

"My birthday was 11 days ago you guys." I smiled softy.

"You didn't tell us it was 2 days after christmas!!"Jess yelled as if appalled by my non caring attitude towards my close birthday to Jesus. I'm a buddhist so sue me.

"You guys gave me christmas presents, so I figured that'd be enough." I murmured, stroking Narutos fur thoughtfully. I named the kitten Naruto, since he was an orange tabby with amazing blue eyes. It was kinda weird, but his latest adventure into Regans ramen and energetic personality reminded me fondly of my first crush.

"Hinata you can never have enough presents!! Now blow out the candle and relish in our birthday kisses!!" Regan grinned cheekily, thrusting the cupcake towards me grandly. Oh unicorn cupcake, grant my wishes. I thought to myself, thinking of a certain Uchiha. With a soft inhale, I blew out the candle, receiving a few squeals of joy.

"Now how old will you be young grasshopper?" Regan asked in an old chinese accent. Oh sweet jesus not this again.

"I already told you."

"Tell me again, you know I'm too old to even remember my last spring roll!"

She croaked, giving my cheek a pinch. The pinch of "Humor me goddammit!" I sweatdropped, giving Jess a look.

"I'm 20."

"Ahh and this year you'll be turning the ripe age of 21! Like a ripe peach at bloom!!" Regan laughed heartily, stroking her imaginary fu manchu. I swear Regan..

"So what did ya wish for?" Jess asked with a smile, ignoring Regan. I shot her a smile.

"Its a wish, I cant tell!"

"Oh its not like yer gonna get 1000 years of bad luck! Cmon tell us!" She handed me the cupcake, picking out the candle and sucking on the frosted colored end. I gazed down at the rainbow barf cupcake, silently rethinking my wish.

"..I wished that Sasuke will do well." They both stared at me.

"You wished on a guys well being?!" Regan groaned, finally over her laughing fit.

"I think its thoughtful. By the way, what happened to the Flinn guy?" Jess asked. I resisted a guilty look as I looked at Naruto spazzing out on my pillow.

"Um..nothing. He doesnt talk to me anymore." I mumbled, biting my lip. Jess and Regan gave me unamused looks, as if I turned him down horribly or something.

"So one date? Nothing?! No connection?! I thought he was perfect for you!!" Regan said exasperately.

"I only promised one date. I have a boyfriend Regan. Im not sure if this is a standard for you, but I refuse to cheat on my boyfriend. Im sorry, if Im not sexually adventurous like either of you, but Im waiting four years for him. And in those four years, I have no intention of dating anyone." I snapped. Regan stared at me surpised at my outburst, a look of hurt passing her beautiful features.

"I was just trying to help. I didnt think you were actually being honest when you said you were waiting for some guy." She muttered, narrowing her eyes in anger. I softened my features, I honestly didnt mean to snap like that. I could feel guilt wallow in the pit of my stomach when I realized what I said. Someone shoot me now.

"I-Im sorry Regan I didnt mean to snap on you like that, that was completely unintentional..please forgive me." I murmured softly, giving her a hug. She gently hugged back, taking a few breaths to calm herself. This girl has a wicked temper. She pulled away giving me an apologetic smile.