Chapter Two

"Taylor, it's time to get up!! We're in the Capitol!" Maybelline's squeaky voice shouts enthusiastically.
I groan and get up, I take a shower slowly and get dressed in my previous clothes. And walk into the living area, there stands my mentor my escort and my fellow tribute partner.
"Alright, when we step out you two be as friendly as possible, people are supposed to love you-- make them love you," Damon says fixing the collar on his shirt.

  Keen smirks, "That won't be very hard for me," I roll my eyes, " Of course, but you have the personality of a stick so...." I trail off, "If I were you, I'd be quiet" He hisses, I cross my arms and turn around flipping my hair in response.
"I know how, unlike you," I smirk, I hear Damon chuckle. "Alright, you two stop fighting," Maybelline speaks up this time.
"Let's go! The people are waiting," Her statement is no lie, cheering is going on outside.

  I can just imagine the painted faces of the Capitol people just waiting to see the tributes from district two.
I take a deep breath in, and follow her out I'm behind Maybelline and Keen is behind while Damon trails.
The people cheers and reach for us, so naturally I want to cringe away but instead I wave to the people which makes them go crazier then seeing Keen give his signature smirk.
As we are transported to the tribute center, Maybelline talks about the tribute parade which will take place this afternoon and then apparently training.

  "Just remember this whole thing is about popularity...if you really did get that score on your exam Taylor, popularity is all you got going for you," I nod nervously, I can tell you right now I've never been popular or relatively friendly.
I look away from Damon and how he's talking to Keen now, only to see someone us staring at me from across the lobby.

  I meet eyes with a boy that I assume is from district twelve because he's standing with Katniss Everdeen.
Ah, yes her. Katniss Everdeen won the 74th Hunger Games two years ago, Also her fiancée Peeta Mellark won as well with her.
They're known as star crossed lovers, everyone adores them especially half the people in my district while the rest feels as if it was fake only because Cato and Clove died at their expense.

  To be quite honest I hated Cato and Clove, well Clove was my cousin. But, its not like I cared about her, she was mean.
Then, my eyes drift the Katniss, her eyes meet mine at the same time and her expression turns cold and icy so...I match it. She's taken aback by my look and quickly looks back to her fiancée.
"Let's go kids," Maybelline says, I nod and walk with then to the elevator and we're taken to the second floor where we're lead into a huge apartment.

"This is where you two will be staying for the next week i want you to be as comfortable as possible that means if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask an avox," We both nod, except I know I won't be asking for anything.

   "So, I'm going to speak with some other mentors just don't kill each other, ok?" Damon says both looking us in the eye. We both nod although I don't like to  make promises, I leave Keen behind and start to adventure through the apartment.
When I come along my room I enter and kick off my shoes. And start going through my drawers,
I find clothes.
I sigh in relief, I want this dress off. 

  I pick up a light pink blouse and tan pants with flats. I walk into the bathroom and stare at my reflection, I've never been pretty. My brown hair falls just below my breasts, I have emerald green eyes, a rounded face that looks awkward on me but could look pretty on anyone else and long eye lashes. I look down beneath the sink and see essential stuff like shampoo, perfume, and then....makeup?

  Do they just randomly expect I know how to put makeup on? Or I'll even wear it? Ok...well yeah, I'll probably will but that isn't the point. My mother taught me how to do my makeup for the first reaping and I did, I just stopped wearing make-up after that because it felt pointless.