Chapter Seventeen

Vick's  POV

I run back to our cave and slip inside, I see Taylor awake and looking very scared. I gulp, damn it!

"Taylor..." I begin softly she pulls me down and hugs me so slowly I wrap my arms around her. "I thought it was you...I heard the cannons..." She says with a soft sob, then suddenly she hits me on the back of the head, "Don't ever do that again!" She screeches, I pull back and sigh. Didn't take her long to turn back into Taylor again.

"Did...you kill anyone?" She asks softly, I nod and she frowns. "Wait!" Her hand shoots to her back and she gasps. "It doesn't hurt anymore, wait...did you..." Her face turns from confusion to anger, "You gave me the medicine when I told you I was OK!" She shouts, I sigh. "You were gonna die without it Taylor and believe it or not I actually care about you" I retort, she scoffs.

"I could have survived without your care!" She shouts, I huff apparently she doesn't know how much patience I have for her and at this moment it is very low. Not only is she oblivious to just about everything she's also oblivious to me. Great. "Taylor, please just calm down..." I say, she rolls her eyes. 

"Ugh! You are just like Keen! always telling me what to do! it makes me sick!"  Taylor says glaring at me with a scowl. "You should be grateful I am! I don't see your boyfriend coming to save you! You know what? I am better than that idiot, and if you can't see that then you're just suffering a loss," I say angrily she stares at me for a moment before speaking.

"That's the problem, every time you do something like....doing what I told you not to you do it for me! It makes me sick alright, you sacrifice everything for me and I know I am not worth it I am stupid to think that you of all people would stop caring!" Tears fall down her face and she closes her eyes. "In the end.....one of us is gonna get hurt, and I don't want it to be you," She says opening her eyes and I see her glossed over blue eyes that gleam and I lose it. I lose all sanity I thought I had and I smash my lips onto hers.

Her arms wrap around my neck and she pulls me closer, I pull away my lips still hovering over hers. "It would be my pleasure to have my heart broken by you, Taylor," I whisper, she starts to cry harder and she buries her head into my shoulder. I rub her back and eventually we both end up laying down with her pull into my chest we lay in silence until I break the silence.

"I'm sorry I kissed you," I whisper, she looks up at me. "I'm not, I really am not. When we die, I will be happy I  usually dislike my choices but becoming your ally was the best choice I have ever made," She says staring at me right in the eyes, I smile and pull her back down pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"I'm glad," I reply, slowly we fall asleep.

***

THIRD PERSON POV

As the mentors settle around the TV a drunk Haymitch Abernathy stumbles into the room Katniss notices this and walks over meeting him, "Haymitch, I told you to stay back at the flat!" She hisses, he hiccups. "since when were you allowed to tell me what to do? I tell you what to do, not the other way around. I came to watch the final five," Katniss sighs and leads him to a seat, sits him down and goes sit by Damon and Peeta.

The final five is about to begin, and the break resulted in a a break from watching the games. That means they haven't seen the kiss.

It will honestly shock everyone no one was expecting for this to happen except Peeta, Vick had entrusted Peeta with knowing his feelings towards Taylor and he promised not to tell. Peeta wouldn't be surprised if it happened soon.

"What is he doing here?" Peeta aks, Katniss sighs. "Not listening," Katniss replies, just as she said that the program begins.

"This Hunger Games has been very eventful and finally we are down to the final five, we have interviewed their families and friends so you can get to know the future victor a little better, here I bring you to District one" Then it begins the interviews goes faster than any of them liked but all the mentors were waiting to see the recent footage.
When the footage begins to play they show Keen who's hiding in a tree looking down at Lester then it shows Vick messing with Lester then Lester walking away mad then Vick killing the two tributes and soon...Taylor and Vick kissing.

all eyes are on them, Katniss' eyes stayed glued to the TV unsure what to do until she whispers. "did you know?" Damon shakes his head, "No, did you?" He asks to Peeta, Peeta gulps.

"I did, but I didn't think he would do anything because of what happened when me and Katniss did it.." Katniss and Damon stare at Peeta, all they can think about is how more problems will begin very very soon