Chapter Nine

That night I catch up on sleep I missed out on in the previous night but it was a restless sleep very dream filled to.
I dreamed my Dad was ready to take me away, I dreamed watching him die in 100 different ways but yet I stayed asleep.
I wanted to watch how he could have died I wanted to see his face.

  Now that I'm awake I have the whole day to myself before the games tomorrow. That means I will do anything I please not even President Snow will ruin this moment.
Except when I did think of things to do I couldn't do because of my lack of freedom so that then again leads me to President Snow who has managed to ruin this time of solitude and silence.
That's why I'm in this room I had found early this morning.

  Its quiet and the light looms in making dust particles float around everywhere. There's this window, and when I opened the curtains I could see Panem. I could see the people walk around busily and I could also see the brightest of neon pink of a woman's dress. Then a little kid with green skin and pitch black hair, to say the least I've always been weirded out by Capitol people.

  I play with my bracelet for a whole mesmerized by the pattern and I start to think about Reginald, I wonder what hes thinking right now....is he preparing to see his sister kill someone? Is he excited I was chosen to do something very many couldn't do in our district?
I sigh inwardly, my brother is hypnotized, I imagine in a few years once I'm dead and gone Reginald will be picked and he will be the next Keen Thompson.

   I shiver in distaste, that is not an ideal world. In any way I thought about the games it always resolved in thinking about blood or death or some man made natural disaster. But whatever happens i know it'll be very unfortunate. "There you are," looking back I see Keen, I roll my eyes see? someone else has to come and ruin it for me. 

''Can't you people just leave me alone?" I ask irritated, he laughs sitting beside me. "Nope, have you been in here all day?" I nod, watching the sun be rid and the moon start to show itself. "Yeah,  it's peaceful in here but my thoughts always ruins it" I say with a disappointed sigh,  he raises an eyebrow, "Then don't think," I laugh, "I can't just not think! I have a brain other than you!" I scold he rolls his eyes, "You know, your attitude is the reason why people hated you at home" with an eye roll I turn to him again.

"What do you want?" I ask annoyed, "I came to check on by Damon's request you know I think he's more mad at himself than you," I shrug, "I don't care if he's mad at me or himself...he's a jerk and we both know it!" I stand up about to walk out, "What's your problem?" He asks frustrated, I groan. "What's my problem?! I am about to go into an arena to kill innocent children! you know, if you actually cared about someone other than yourself then maybe...just maybe people wouldn't hate you!" I scream, I start to walk away but he catches my arm and pulls me into his chest wrapping an arm around my waist. "Let me go!!" I shout to him, except he doesn't listen before I can yell a protest again his mouth meets mine hungrily and passion filled. I gasp, but get oddly mesmerized and let him kiss me when I finally do come to my senses I push him back and slap him right across the face marching off to bed.