Chapter Sixteen

Vick's POV

The next day I build a rock wall over the cave's entrance leaving an opening to make sure I can come back in when I need to, Taylor is still asleep she'll be asleep for possibly two days or less. So, as any bored person would I adventure out into the woods while I carry my machete I think about how there is still thirteen or twelve of us left and none of us have killed anymore, a little bit more people and it'll be down to the top five.

Then they'll interview our families then the real games begin, the top five is when the pressure is on and the killing gets slower and slower. I've witnessed this with my own eyes, it's a horrible process but, I am just surprised I made it down to this time and moment.

I grab a handful of berries and climb a tree, and from where I am I see the career from district four, I think his name is Lane or Lester something like that, anyway he's sitting in a crouch talking to some girl probably his ally. So, I load the blow dart up with berries and aim right at Lane's head. It hits him and he looks around flabbergasted, "Who's there?!" He shouts, I chuckle quietly then load it up three berries and shoot then all at him again they hit him straight in the head. 

I laugh more, "Whoever is out there I am sure you don't wanna feel my wrath!" I laugh more, it's fun picking on careers they are so irrational , the girl gets up and looks are and she sees me her eyes widen. I being my index finger to my lips to signal her not to tell him, and a ghost of a smile appears on her lips.

"Lester, calm down no one is out there, we gotta focus on finding Taylor." Wait, what? Why are they trying to find her? He scowls turning to her. "What if that is Taylor out there? She killed Coal and she deserves to die!" He hisses, she crosses her arms. "How are you so sure that she killed him, it could be someone else...maybe Keen?" The girl offers, Lester shakes his head, "No, it was her no doubt besides, me and Keen are at an understanding plus he's pretty much dead where ever he is anyway,"  Lester says I furrow my eyebrows, the girl looks up at me, then back to Lester. "Fine, you're right, someone ran that way let's go find the person," The girl says, Lester nods and takes off walking the other way with her.

I can't believe Taylor really did kill Coal I thought it was just the state she was in the other day but she really did, did she also kill that little girl? Sighing I get down from the tree just as I reach the bottom five cannons go off, now we're down to seven.

Either Lester and that girl found some more tributes or something happened to kill them, I was right because when I start to walk south I see the ground has sunk in and I hear one last girly scream because an unnatural like growl comes and then nothing. I stare at the dark pit below and just think if I were here at the exact time this happened I would be dead and Taylor would be all alone I frown in distaste just thinking about her being alone, her being with the careers was a hard pill to swallow by itself.

I walk away from the pit, and stare down at the ground just expecting it to cave in. I don't know what I expect from these games, to get as lucky as Katniss and Peeta? that won't happen, it'd be like setting a trap to catch a  rabbit but instead you catch a bird so you keep resetting it and keep catching the same thing. My point is, someone would die in the end.

As I continue to walk I hear  someone shout, "Kill him!" I walk over to the bushes and push them back there stands a girl from some district I probably I can't remember and I see her with a boy, and the boy is fighting Lester. If I killed them now, it would put us down to five and things can move along faster in such a slow manner I grab the bow Kate had and aim for the girl I close my eyes and release I hear her scream then I reload and shoot the boy Lester is fighting once the two cannons have sounded I take off running far out of sight away from Lester.