sixteen.

edited and proofread.

-

The familiar scent of bleach penetrated his nostrils, the bed uncomfortable as always. BamBam was back in the hospital, a place that had become like school to him because he had been there so many times. His eyes were still shut, his senses switched off other than his sense of smell. Slowly, everything began to awaken, his body coming back to him.

A tingling sensation settled upon his left arm, BamBam fluttering his eyes open in curiosity. Mark laid on the ground, leaning against the bed with his hand rested on BamBam's. Surprised, BamBam pulled away, immediately triggering Mark to wake up.

"Oh, you're up?" Mark rubbed his eyes, yawning as he blinked hard at BamBam.

"Y-yeah..." BamBam stuttered, his head suddenly ringing. He clutched his head in pain, wincing slightly.

"BamBam, you should be resting." Mark placed a hand on his shoulder, his eyes filled with worry.

BamBam laid back down as advised, sighing hopelessly. He felt bandages tightly wrapped around his torso and band-aids stamped all over his body.

It was silent for a while, neither of them willing to speak.

Mark glanced at BamBam, his scars, bruises, cuts and scrapes exposed. He bit his lip, trying to hide his escaping tears. However, it wasn't too long for BamBam to realise that Mark was crying.

"Mark, what's wrong?" BamBam frowned, directing his gaze towards Mark as he furrowed his eyebrows. "Why are you crying?" He felt a knot form in his heart, something trying to painfully yank at it. More or so, a depressed Mark triggered the knot in his heart.

"I was too late... They hurt you." Mark croaked, turning his head away.

BamBam looked down at his arms, realising they were exposed, he covered them up immediately with the blanket provided.

"Why are you blaming yourself?" BamBam frowned, sighing deeply. "It's not your fault."

"If I hadn't been so oblivious about your LINE user, I would've figured it out earlier and stopped them..." Mark clutched his face in his hands, his back hunched over. "But I came too late and let you get hurt."

BamBam had never seen this side of Mark, though it was understandable to discover a new side of him considering it had been a month or two since they met.

"So you realised..." BamBam spoke, his tone suddenly blank.

It had been the first time in a while since Mark had cried, but he felt a pair of warm arms wrap around his body from behind. He gulped, his small cries paused as he looked up, the view of a smiling BamBam behind him.

"I don't blame you, but cry as hard as you want. Everyone should be able to cry whenever they want to." BamBam smiled, his warm arms and words causing Mark to swallow hard.

Mark rubbed his eyes, standing up as he nodded at BamBam. "Thankyou..." He mumbled.

Mark abruptly hugged BamBam as soon as he let go, muttering something quietly. "I'm worried they'll hurt you again."

BamBam flinched in shock, unable to wriggle out of Mark's arms. He slightly blushed, but mentally slapped himself.

"I'll be okay." BamBam grinned, Mark thinking that he didn't hear him.

His gaze fell upon BamBam, laughing awkwardly. "I didn't think you'd hear me."