twenty-five.

edited and proofread.

-

"Why do you seem so spaced out?" BamBam tapped Jackson lightly on the shoulder, Jackson suddenly turning his head.

"Huh? Oh..." Jackson's gaze diverted to the ground, swinging his feet against the concrete.

"What's wrong?" BamBam stared blankly at Jackson, waiting for a response.

A deep sigh escaped Jackson's lips, and BamBam could've sworn he saw that his eyes were wet.

"Actually... I was kicked out of my house today... Well, my cousin's house." It all rushed out at once and Jackson glanced up at the scatter of grey clouds, blinking back his tears. "My parents abandoned me when I was young, so I don't have anywhere else to go."

"I shouldn't of asked, I'm sorry. That must've been a difficult topic to bring up, considering I saw you energetic all day." BamBam was speechless, and in response, his placed his arm on Jackson's shoulder. "That was inconsiderate of me... I wasn't even aware that you hid all of that inside of you and still managed to plaster a bright smile across your face."

The two somehow felt closer, despite their troublesome pasts, they gained a sense of empathy for each other.

"Hey... BamBam," Hesitation knocked cold air into Jackson's throat, and he stared up at the sky for a moment before he opened his mouth again. "Can I ask you to do a favour for me?"

BamBam glanced at Jackson, who seemed expressionless, as if not knowing what to say. "What is it?"

Jackson seemed to muster up something inside him, but it all crumbled down. "Never mind."

He awkwardly laughed, checking his phone as he wiped a tear away from his eyes. "I guess I'll go now... Its getting late. It's already 6."

Jackson stood up, waving at BamBam. "Go home safely."

BamBam quietly nodded, waving back as Jackson disappeared around the corner. He slid his hands into his pocket, searching for his phone. He scrambled to his feet and headed towards the night food stand that his mother ran.

-

"Mom!" BamBam flailed his arms in the air from across the street, dashing towards the night stall.

His mother lightly slapped him on the back, shaking her head. "What took you so long?"

"Sorry, I had somewhere to go." BamBam placed his bag in the back, slipping on an apron as he rolled up his sleeves.

"BamBam, can you bring this plate of spicy rice cakes and the bottle of soju to table 7 over there with the couple?" His mother handed him the bottle and placed the plate in his arms with one hand whilst frying the fish cakes with the other.

BamBam nodded, walking over to the table and gently placing the food down. "Enjoy your meal." He smiled politely, walking back and forth between the food cart and the tables to deliver dishes.

"BamBam, that young man over there wants another bottle of soju, could you hand it to him?" BamBam couldn't possibly refuse his mother's orders as he continued to help out at the food cart.

He held the bottle of soju in one hand and a shot glass in the other, making his way towards the male in the back with a slouched posture and a black hoodie. "Here's your bottle of soju."

The male glanced up at BamBam, making eye contact. BamBam's jaw completely dropped, the tray in his hands tumbling to the floor as people around him directed weird stares. However, the male seemed unfazed, or more likely drunk to even realise.

BamBam's eyes widened, his gaze fixated on the figure before him. Completely frozen, he didn't bat an eye and stood there, speechless.

"Unbelievable."

-

A/N: Sorry it took me a few days to update! I've been busy with school.