2

"Flour... do I need flour?" Nico muttered to himself, eyes scanning the shelves.
He had found a grocery store close to his apartment, but he hadn't considered what he might actually need to buy there. You only used flour to cook, right? Well, he couldn't cook. Shrugging, he threw a bag in his basket.
"Sorry, did you say something?" A voice asked from behind him.
Nico turned around to see a boy with messy blond hair wearing a wrinkled tee shirt reading Cali and khaki shorts.
"Oh, uh, just talking to myself. Trying to decide if I need flour," Nico muttered, glancing down.
"Ah, yes," the boy said, a smile appearing on his lips. "First time grocery shopping?"
Nico laughed and looked back up. "What gave me away?"
The blond laughed as well. "Trust me. I've seen a ton of newbies who've never shopped alone trying to fend for themselves."
"Um, newbies?" Nico asked, confused.
"Yeah," the blond shrugged, "college freshies? NYU?"
"Oh," Nico nodded. "Well, I'm not here for school."
"Oh," the blond shrugged. "Well, anyway, whatever you're here for, you were wondering if you needed flour. Are you gonna cook more than once a month?"
Nico raised his eyebrows. "As of now? No way."
Blondie laughed. "Okay. Save your money. Don't buy the flour."
"Alright. Thanks. Frozen pizzas it is," the black haired boy giggled.
"Glad I could help," the blond boy told Nico. "I need to get out of here, though. My roommates will kill me if I'm not back with our food soon. College kids, right?"
Nico laughed again as the boy tossed another item in his basket and moved down down the aisle.
"Okay," he told himself, taking the flour out of his own basket. "To the frozen section. Thanks. Hey, I'm Nico-"
He turned around to ask the boy his name, but the blond was already gone.