33

"There are only three separate, um, parties here now," the receptionist told Nico, leading him down a long hallway with several doors on both sides. "Right here..."
Nico's eyes fell on a man sitting alone on a bench at the end of the hall - he was leaning forward and had his head resting in his hands. His blond hair was sticking up in every direction, and he had on a crumpled sweater and jeans. He looked much younger than he was - and he was only 22.
"That's him," Nico said softly. And then he called out louder, "Will."
The boy looked up, his eyes falling on Nico. He sprung up and raced down the hall and tackled Nico in a hug.
"Nico," he cried into the shorter boy's shoulder.
The lady who had brought Nico back cleared her throat. Nico looked at her without letting go of Will.
"If anyone asks," she said, "you're brothers. It's supposed to be immediate family only back here." She turned on her heel and went back in the direction she had just came.
"Thank you so much for coming," Will murmured, his face still buried in the crick of Nico's neck.
Nico rubbed Will's back.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell them-"
"Shh," Nico whispered, his lips pressed against Will's head. "It wasn't just that. We're okay, Will."
Will stood up and wiped his eyes. "Come sit down with me," Will said. "There isn't anything else to do."
They went back to the bench Will had been sitting on and sat down. Nico put his arm around the other boy.
"So... how are they? What happened?" He asked gently.
"I don't know," Will admitted, "I didn't go. I had class today, so I left early and they were just going to leave when they needed to. But I'm sitting here in my biology class taking notes on my laptop and I've got my phone on the table beside me and then it lights up that Mom was calling so I ignored it and then it rang again so - the professor likes me pretty well - I asked him if I could take it and he said I could so I did and then after I said hello this voice says 'hello, are you her son?' and I'm like, 'yeah' and she was like, 'there's been a wreck involving her and your father' and so then I just hurried here. I still haven't seen them. Apparently it was pretty bad."
"Oh, Will." Nico gently tucked a strand of Will's hair above his ear.
"I'm worried, Nico. And oh, my God, what if I never get to tell them about us? I'm so sorry I didn't when I had the opportunity - I really planned on it and then I just freaked out. And... Nico, these past several weeks that we've been together, I've been the happiest I've ever been. And I'm generally a pretty happy person as it is."
Nico smiled softly at Will and gently traced his cheekbone with his thumb.
"Nico I..." Will took a deep breath. "I love you."
Nico felt his heart explode inside him and, despite it all, he grinned. "Will, I love you, too."