Garroth X Laurance -- Christmas Special PT 5

"Laurance, these cookies are gonna be the best!"

Garroth ran inside the house after unlocking the door, running towards the kitchen.

Laurance walked in not as excited, since Garroth made him carry all the groceries.

Laurance shut the door with his foot, saltily yelling,
"Yeah, it'd go by faster if you'd help with the groceries!"

"What'd you say Laurance?" Garroth asked as Laurance set the bags on the kitchen counters.

"Nothing." The brunette mumbled.

Garroth shrugged his shoulders and started taking everything out of the bags, while Laurance took out the cookie pan and bowls.

"Hey Laurance! Hey Garroth!" The two turned behind them, seeing what looked like Travis and Zane whirling by. But they were out the door before they could say anything.

They both looked at each other and shrugged, before going back to what they were doing.

"Okay! Now that everything's out, what do we do first?" Garroth asked, mostly to himself as he started reading the instructions on cookie mix box.

Garroth stiffened as Laurance put his head on his shoulder, reading the box. He felt his cheeks heat up.

"Well, it says-" Laurance was cut off by his phone going off in his pocket. He stepped away from Garroth, making him let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

Laurance quickly texted the person back, and shoved his phone in his pocket. "I gotta go."

"How come?" Garroth asked, looking over his shoulder at Laurance.

"Cadenza needs me to watch Caleb for a bit while she takes care of some things. So I'll be back in around an hour." Laurance grabbed his black and white striped hoodie that was lazily draped over the couch. He slipped it on and opened the front door.
"Finish the cookies while I'm gone, okay?"

Garroth nodded, giving Laurance a smile.
"You can count on me!"

Laurance chucked as he walked out and closed the door behind him.

<><><>

Laurance let out a tired sigh. Caleb was so adorable, but such a handful.

He grabbed his keys from his pocket and opened the front door, a burning scent hitting his nose. What's that smell?

He quickly hurried inside and shut the door, following the scent to the kitchen.

Garroth was there, cleaning off the counter, he didn't know Laurance was there. At least there wasn't a fire.

He looked on the counter beside the stove to see the cookies cooling, if you could call them cookies.

They were black and misshapen, you could see the smoke coming off of them, and they were stuck to the pan. That's what was causing the terrible smell.

"Garroth? What happened to the cookies?"

Garroth turned around, and sheepishly smiled.
"I learned that I'm not that great at baking cookies."

Laurance walked over to the pan, and tried to pull a cookie off. With enough effort it came off, though it left a black mark behind.

"I'd have to agree with you there." Laurance said, stifling a laugh. How'd you mess up this bad?"

"Well..." Garroth started, his voice going high pitched. "When I was making the cookie dough, I couldn't find the measuring cup, so I just guessed."

"Garroth, the measuring cups are literally right here." Laurance deadpanned, opening the drawer next to Garroth. There in fact, were the measuring cups.

"Oh, haha. I may have lied..." Garroth awkwardly laughed.

Laurance rolled his eyes, shutting the drawer closed.

"Is that all you did?" Laurance asked.

"No. I also really wanted the cookies to be done faster, so I turned up the heat and cut the time in half, but all they did was burn." Garroth admitted.

Laurance put his head on his forehead and sighed.
"This is why we bought two boxes."

<><><>

"And the timers set." Laurance said cheerfully, while Garroth sulked on the couch.

"I wanted to help!" He whined.

"That didn't go so great last time did it?" Laurance asked as he looked at an upside down Garroth.

"No..." Garroth mumbled, flopping off the couch and onto the floor.

When he sat up, Laurance bent down and pecked his cheek.
"You tried your best."

With that, Laurance walked away to his room to go change into his Christmas sweater, leaving Garroth a blushing mess.

<><><>

"Ready to go?" Laurance asked, holding the finished cookies on the plate he was bringing to Aphmau's.

Laurance was wearing a dark red sweater, with light red speckles and Santa Claus on the front. Garroth wearing one exactly the same, except his was blue.

"Yeah." The blonde replied excitedly,
"The cookies for Santa are by the Christmas tree!"

'Adorable.' The brunette thought.

While Laurance didn't believe in Santa, he couldn't break the truth to Garroth, so he acted like he believed too. This was the whole reason they made cookies.

"Great," Laurance chuckled, shaking away his previous thoughts. "Looks like we'll be a little early."

"Guess so." Garroth replied, taking a cookie from the plate in Laurance's hand.

The two walked out the door and toward Aphmau's house, Garroth still munching on the cookies from the plate, earring him a scold from the brunette beside him.

~

Welp, that was that. Now I'm gonna go read other stuff on this site while feeling sick, even if it's my birthday. What a bad time to get sick huh?

See you guys tomorrow with the last one.

(P.S, it might come out in Christmas Day, depending on when I get it done. If it does, sorry it's late.)

~LDB