Travis X Katelyn?

Or is Travis X Zane...? Idk tbh.

-----

I walked out the doors of my school, hands in my uniform pockets, and my untamed bangs hanging in my eyes. I couldn't care enough to move them.

My heart felt absolutely broken. She was my everything, I held her so high in stature, she was my light in the dark. Yet, she steeped on me like I was nothing but a lone wilted flower, destroying me and how I've felt for so long.

---

"Um, K-Katelyn..." I stuttered, my hands shaking as I held a bouquet of flowers in my tan hands.

"Hm? Oh hey Travis." Katelyn greeted, looking over her shoulder at me before turning around completely.

Her blue eyes glanced down to flowers I held in my hands, and she gave me a suggestive look.
"Ooh Travis, who are the flowers for? Anyone I know?"

"Um, well, t-there for you..." I mumbled, scratching at the back of neck nervously after I shifted the bouquet of red roses to my left hand. I glanced away for a second, and I felt my face get hot from embarrassment.
"I-I wanted to ask if you'd want to go on a date with me this weekend..."

I sent her a nervous smile as I looked back to her, waiting for her reaction with hopeful eyes.

"You want me to go on a date with you?" She clarified, before snorting in laughter.
"Like I'd do that in a million years! Haha, good joke Travis."

I felt the smile slowly disappear from my face, as my heart slowly started crack.

She thought it was just a joke.

She thought I was just a joke.

"Y-Yeah, right, heh..." I muttered, barely audible. I looked toward my feet, and hid my eyes behind my snow white hair.
"These flowers aren't even real..."

I bought them from her favorite florist.

"Hahaha! Thanks for the good laugh Travis." She chuckled, wiping a tear form her face.
"I gotta get to volleyball, I'll see you tomorrow, k? See ya!"

"Yeah...bye..." I murmured.

I felt my arms slump, the flowers barely staying within my grip. Slowly, I dragged myself to front doors of the school to go back home.

---

My hand made its way to my cheek as tears trickled down them as I recalled the memory from minutes ago. It made me chuckle, laugh even, I was so pathetic.

It was only when a hand grazed my shoulder that I was snapped out of my self pity.

"Why are you just standing there?"

The voice was easily recognizable, since it was different compared to most others. It was deep, and rang throughout my ears, somehow it always found a way to have a judgmental ring to it, maybe it was just around me.

"H-Hey Zane." I mumbled, my voice sounding slightly scratching from the tears streaming their way carelessly down my face.

"Um, hi? Wait, are you crying?" His hand barely gracing my shoulder changed to a full grip, him trying to get a look of my face.

Part of me expected him to laugh, since it seemed like his personality. But I couldn't blame him, I must've look so weak and helpless. But still, I shifted his hand off of me without much effort, he was never really that strong. I didn't want to be touched.

"Travis...? Are you feeling oka-" he started, but I cut him off, holding the bouquet of stereotypical red roses out to him.
"Wha-"

"I figured I should give these to someone who'd appreciate them, so here, take them."

He gave me a confused look as he slowly took the bouquet from me, being cautious.

"Um, thanks?" Obvious confusion was in his voice, but then he shoved it aside and asked about me again.
"But seriously, are you okay?" I'd never heard him so concerns. Still I pushed him away.

"Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry about me." My voice came out unsteady, and every part of me wanted to leave, and be alone to myself and my broken feelings. So I started to walk away, down the small steps that lead to the glass doors behind me.

Zane still persisted.

"Wait, Travis! Where are you going?" He called after me, and he grabbed the back of my uniform in his fist. It surprised me, I'd never seen him so caring. So, as a kind gesture, I stopped.

"I'm going to home." I answered, before turning to look at him over my shoulder with my tear strained face, flashing as much of smile could.
"I'll see you around."

I shrugged him away from me again, and continued walking down the steps. Zane didn't try to stop me again.

I only made it a feet from the school, hiding behind the brick gate that stood in front of the building. I collapsed on the concrete, and I let my sorrow show through fully. Sobs wracking my body.

The boy who was all smiles was breaking down and crying from a broken heart. How pathetic.

---

~LDB