Chapter 13: The Dream

"Cable?" My brother's face slowly came into focus.

"Yeah, it's me, sleepy head," His laugh was so warm and comforting.

"Are mom and dad here?" "Of course, Celia, where else would they be?"

"They're here? In the arena? What about the Games?" I shrieked in terror, horrified at the prospect that my family might be in danger.

"What arena? What games? Celia, are you alright?" Cable furrowed his brow in concern.

"No Cable! Nothing is alright. Don't you remember the Capitol? The Hunger Games?"

"What's going on?" My parents entered the room. For the first time, I glanced around my surroundings. I was home, in my bedroom at District One.

"Mom, Dad!" I jumped up from my bed and ran to them.

"Nice to see you too, Celia," My dad chuckled.

"Are you alright? We heard screaming," my mom inquired.

"I'm fine," I laughed. "Never been better." Finally, I was home surrounded by the people I loved most. How could I not be alright?

"Well in that case, you have some visitors," My dad led to my living room.

"Tristan! Emilia!" I ran to them, and squeezed them both. Neither one hugged me back; their arms stayed stiff at their sides.

"Celia, listen to me," Emilia ordered. I glanced at her, in shock at her stern tone. "You need to wake up."

"I can't carry you any longer," Tristan insisted. "Wake up!" I glanced back and forth between the two of them, a pounding headache growing stronger with every passing second.

Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.

I ran to Emilia, sat in her lap and cried like the child that I am.

Slowly, light drained from my vision.

..................................

Yep, I know this was a short chapter, but I really wanted to write it and the next chapter separately. So to make it up to you, the next chapter will be uploaded on Thursday and will be a lot longer! I'll update sooner if we get 'In This Together' to 60 total votes!