Chapter 9: Revelations

I'm back. I hope you like it.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or its characters. Just the plot.

___________________________

Chapter 9

<Sakura's POV>

We arrived at the HQ and Pein-aniki was standing outside. It was already late and he was starting to get worried even though Sasuke was with me.

"Where have you been?" He said.

Sasuke was still beside me and he was the one who spoke.

"I'm sorry, it was my fault, we lost track of time." was what he said.

Pein-aniki looked him in the eye, it was as if he was judging him. "You know the rules Sasuke. This will be the last time you're going to break them. Understood?"

Sasuke nodded. He looked at me with sadness before he went back to his car and drove away. Something tells me that there's something wrong with that look. I dismissed the thought and went back to reality, which was the wrath of my older brother.

"Sakura" he said with his deep and spine-chilling voice.

"Yes aniki?" I replied but I was too scared to look him in the eye.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you."

I lifted my head to look at him but once our eyes made contact, I was trapped in his eyes. I couldn't look away. It was as if he was reading them or even looking inside me. I wanted to look away but my head felt stiff and was unable to move.

"Pein. You've got to stop." Itachi was the one who spoke. With that, aniki broke our eye contact. Once he did, I felt all my energy being drained from my body. I tried to keep my balance but I couldn't and slowly fell on to the hard pavement, but I didn't make contact with the ground as I was easily caught by my brother.

He carried me inside but before we entered, he talked to Itachi but it was too inaudible for me to understand.

"What happened to her?" Konan asked. I was too tired and was knocked out on my brother's shoulder.

<Pein's POV>

"Let's talk later, okay?" I gave Konan a reassuring smile and went to Sakura's room to lay her down. I looked at her sleeping figure and felt a pang of guilt for what I have done to her just now. It wasn't my fault that I was too afraid that something might happen to her again. She's the only family I have left. I hope they'd understand.

Itachi was leaning on the doorway while looking at Sakura.

"So, what did you see?" He said

"She looked so happy. With your brother" I replied

"And?" I looked at him and gave him a glare.

"You know too well that Madara's back. We can't let your brother take her." I said with my voice raised a little. I was afraid that I'd wake Sakura up, so I motioned Itachi to leave and wait for me at my office.

Itachi left and it was just me and Sakura again. I kissed her on her forehead and left her room.

I immediately went to my office and found Itachi leaning on my desk.

"Pein"

"Itachi."

"What are we going to do? What are your plans? I know for sure that Madara won't stop until he gets what he wants." Itachi said with worry written in his eyes.