Chapter 10: Itachi's Past

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or it's characters. Just the plot. 

Chapter 10

<Pein's POV>

"Itachi, this conversation will stay between us. I might reconsider breaking those two apart." I said when we returned from the dream state.

"Understood. I'll continue to keep an eye on those two. Just remember that even though Sasuke is his heir, he's still my brother and will remain as my priority." He gave me one last look before bidding me goodbye.

<Itachi's POV>

After I went out of Pein's office, I was welcomed by Konan.

"What happened?" Honestly, Konan and I were not close, we rarely talk. When we do, it's about serious matters.

"It's classified, but if you insist, go ask him yourself." She glared at me as I walked away.

I walked towards my room and sat on my bed while thinking about the events that are about to unfold.

"What was my purpose again? What brought me here?" Were the questions that kept revolving in my mind.

All my life, I have abided my father's wishes. I was the epitome of an obedient child. At age 6, I started school, only to graduate a year after. I staled for 3 years and in those 3 years, I studied our company because boredom was getting the best of me and I didn't want to enter high school just yet, and so my dad decided to train me. He wanted me to inherit the company. I was 9 years old but I had the mind of an adult. Therefore, my dad worked me to my limit every single day.

I then started to become sick of the life I lead. I wanted to get out. During that time, I met Pein. He showed me a world where I could be free just as long as we're together.

I told him I wanted to go, but seeing that if I left immediately, the burden that I'm bearing will be passed to Sasuke. I felt selfish but the longer I stayed, the faster it would consume me.

I was so bewildered that it caught the attention of my best friend and the son of my dad's assistant, Shisui. He knew something was up, but I wasn't sure if it was right to tell him.

"Itachi, what seems to be the problem? You've been like that for a month now. Don't think I haven't noticed." He said.

I avoided his gaze but he was very persistent. Shisui was someone I couldn't ignore. He was someone I look up to, but still, this bewilderment that I'm feeling deep inside must be hidden.

"Look, I am here for you Itachi. You know that. Even if you think you can't trust me, I'll still be here for you." With those words, I looked him in the eye. I have decided that even if I felt uneasy, I'll tell him.

"Shisui, the truth is, I can't live like this anymore. The stress is getting to me it's consuming me fast like wildfire. I'm afraid that if I continue living like this, I won't survive.

"Itachi, remember this. Everything happens for a reason. What's happening right now also has a reason. By the way you're talking makes me think you're leaving."

I lowered my head. This was indeed Shisui. He knew me more than anyone. Thus, I decided to tell him about Pein's offer.

"If that will make you happy, then I'm not in the right position to stop you. This is your life. Live it your way. Just remember that I will always be right here when you need me." I gave him an all knowing smile before I left to contact Pein.

I told Pein that I'd be going after I settled things in my clan.

I didn't know that it would take me a year to settle things. I had a hard time finding time to talk to my dad about my decision.

I made up my mind and during one Friday evening, I asked if I could talk to him and mom.

"Itachi, what seems to be the problem? It's unlike you to be acting like this."

"Father. Mother. I've been wanting to tell you this for a year now." They had a confused look in their eyes, but I knew my mom had already figured it out.

"I'm leaving. This life is slowly killing me. The longer I stay, the harder it will become for me."

"What do you mean you're leaving? You can't just leave! Who will take care of our company once I die? Do you expect that your younger brother could do it? The survival of our company depends on you Itachi. I beg you. Don't leave."

I was surprised to hear all those words coming out from my father's mouth. This was the first time he talked to me like that.

"Father. I'm afraid it has to be done. Sasuke is a bright child. He'll handle as much as I did. "

I gave them a bow as stood up. As I opened the door, my dad spoke.

"Leave, if that's what you want, but remember that you have nothing to go back to, once you decided to return."

A pinning silence enveloped the room as I left. I packed my things and left when morning came.

Everyone was asleep. Well that's what I thought, but as I walked towards the exit. A voice that I know too well spoke.

"Nii-san you're leaving?" I turned around to see my little brother frozen on the spot.

"Yes. Now go back to bed Sasuke." Sasuke started shaking as tears poured from his eyes.

"Nii-san why are you leaving us? Please don't leave me here. Take me with you!"

"Sasuke I cannot take you with me. Be a good child and go back to bed."

"NO! I cannot allow you to leave me here!" He shouted.

I had no choice but to use my eyes on him. He was immediately knocked out on the ground. I couldn't leave him there, therefor I took him back to his room and left.

This was my past and my future. As for our relation to Madara, it was simple. He was my father's older brother. He left the company to my dad for the meantime. He was also unmarried, that is why if he died, Sasuke will be the remaining heir. The Uchiha Company operated on biotech firearms but to the eyes of the public, they sold the latest and best technology.

The reason why Madara wanted Sakura's eyes was simple. It could control minds, memories, you name it all. Even though the Uchiha obtains a similar visual powers, Sakura's hold more power and could create lesser damage on the user. If ever he got hold of that power, he'd be unstoppable and people won't know what they're up against.

______________________________-

A/N: Hey guys. What's up? I'm turning the story's plot a wee bit. It felt dull to me after rewriting it. 

I hope you like it though.