Chapter 1: The Gift

Cars rushed through the busy streets of Paris. Sidewalks were filled with thousands of people scurrying to their jobs or shopping districts. However, it was also occupied by students making their way to school on time. It was about to begin.

Sofie Lovell clutched her bag in one hand as she sped through the crowd. Hundreds of apologizes were given once she accidently bumped or pushed someone out of the way, just to arrive on time. Once the passel of people decreased, she slowed her pace. She pulled out her phone from her pocket to check the time.

"Ten minutes until the bell rings," she claimed in a whisper. "and I'm five minutes away. But if I continue the same pace as before, then I'll get there in half of the time." She sped her tracks after that open minded thought.

Her assumptions seemed to be correct. In no time she would make it to class, and not miss a second of it. Suddenly, when she was about to cross the final crosswalk, she noticed an old man struggling to cross the road that was parallel to hers. She thought for a moment. Should I? If I help him then I'll be late, but if I don't, God knows when someone will help him. She then chose her path. I'll do it.

Looking both ways, Sofie ran across the busy streets, away from the direction to her school. Once she approached the old man, she smiled politely.

"Hello, sir," she began in a sweet tone. The Asian man looked up and smiled. "would you like me to help you cross the street?"

"Oh that would be so thoughtful of you," the elder replied gratefully.

Sofie took the elder's hand, then looked both ways. They both stepped onto the road when there were no cars in sight. For now. Once they safely made it in the other side, the old man bowed in respect.

"Thank you for helping me, young girl," he said in his bow.

"Oh, you can call me Sofie," she answered.

"Thank you, Sofie," he repeated, his head slightly lifted—still in his bow—, and looked her straight in the eye.

"No problem," Sofie responded and also bowed. But once she did, she noticed that the laces on one of her books were untied. "Oh, silly me, I could have tripped. I wish I could be more careful next time."

Immediately, Sofie crouched down and tied her laces. She only focused on her laces. The old man, however, pulled out a grey box with a yellow ribbon keeping it in place. He then carefully placed it in the small, unzipped hole in Sofie's book bag. Once the parasol was slid into the bag, the elder moved back into his spot, just as nothing has happened. At that moment, Sofie finished trying her laces and stood up.

"Sorry about that, sir," she apologized. "I'll be on my way."

She then ran off with a wave, leaving the old man with folded hands and a warm smile.

"You will do good for our city," the elder said, then walked back home. No help was needed along the way.

***

Sofie bolted through the last couple of blocks to arrive at her school on time. Her light brown hair swished in the wind, causing her to constantly brush it out of the way in order to see. Finally, she approached the school grounds right on time. There she noticed her two friends, Zoé and Isabelle

"Late as always, Sofie," the blonde, Zoé, stated.

"I know, but I actually woke up early this time," Sofie answered.

"Then how did you get here so late?" asked Isabelle as she finished braiding her dark brown hair into pigtails.

"Well, I was about to cross the street on one of the corners back there, but unnoticed an old man struggling to cross it on the other side. So, I had to help." Sofie confessed. Immediately right after, the bell rang throughout the school.

"Of course. You can never resist to help those in need." Zoé sighed as she picked up her book bag from the steps. "Let's get going."

***

The final bell rang, causing many students to rush out of their classrooms and scurry to their lockers to gather their bags and binders. In an instant, students exited the school, urging to go home.

After saying farewell to her friends for the day, Sofie began to make her way home. There was not as many cars as she saw this morning.

***

Once she arrived at her house, she opened the door when a spare key her parents lended her. Since they were to be gone for the entire day, they had to give Sofie the house key in order for her to enter the house.

She then locked the door, and made her way into her bright, sky blue bedroom. I seriously need to repaint this room. She rested herself onto her bed, then unzipped her bookbag. She reached inside to grab her Homework Binder, however, she felt something different. Her lands grasped onto a tiny, grey box with a yellow ribbon. Once she brought it into the light, she examined it.

"What's this?" she asked herself. Curiosity began grow like plants in the spring. She placed her hand on the small, yellow  ribbon, then pulled to release it from its tie. The yellow string fell to the ground. She then eagerly opened the box, the size that would hold some sort of jewelry inside. What? Sofie asked herself as she peeked inside. A necklace?

Her hands wrapped around a small, silver chained necklace. In the center of the chains was a round, yet flattened black orb.

"Why was such a beautiful necklace inside my bag?" she asked herself. She sighed slightly, then placed it around her neck.

Suddenly, a small, wolf-like creature flew out of the necklace.

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Hello everyone! The name's Nicoletta and this is my first Miraculous Ladybug Fanfic. I'm so glad you all will be reading this, and I have something important in the summary. It states something about the characters and whose OC's they are. There will be many other characters, but those are the major ones.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this fanfiction and I'm hoping you all will continue to join me in this very long journey ahead of us.

Thank you and have a nice day!

-Nicoletta