Chapter 7: The Presentation

Sofie's alarm's nuisance echoed throughout her room. After smacking her hand onto the off button, the brunette struggled to get onto her feet. However, once she did, she sluggishly made her way to her dresser and picked out a light blue, black, and grey flannel along with a pair of jet black leggings. A brush was grabbed from her desk after Sofie put on her clothes. She then began to brush it until it flowed easily through it. Her hair was still a bit wavy, just the way she liked it.

The fresh scent of chewy bacon filled Sofie's nostrils as she headed downstairs. The mouthwatering scent caused Sofie to float towards her kitchen where she found her stepmother preparing breakfast.

Once the bacon was cooked to Sofie's perfection, her stepmother placed all six strips on a plate and handed it to Sofie.

"Thanks, Ami—I mean stepmother—eh, I mean mom," Sofie blurted in confusion. Her stepmother took a seat next to her.

"Hey, don't worry about it," her stepmother remarked. "Call me whatever you please. I know it's still hard for you to adapt to this."

"It's been about a year, though!" Sofie claimed while shoving a bacon strip into her mouth. Ami stroked her soft, brown hair.

"I know, but you'll get used to it," Ami cooed as she embraced Sofie. "Besides, I should show you some affection since James isn't here. He's in New York for some school trip."

Sofie allowed a thought to pass through her head, although, is she were to say it aloud, her stepmother would be a bit upset with her.

"Just eat up right now," Ami stated. "I'll be in the living room if you need me."

Once Ami left the room, Sofie snuck a strip of bacon to Shadow, who was hiding beneath the table.

"Mmm, it tastes great," Shadow said in delight. "I haven't eaten this in decades."

***

The school bell rang a few minutes after Sofie arrived on campus. She met up with her friends, who carried a wrapped up poster board for their presentation today, and walked with them to their classroom.

As the girls entered the classroom, they noticed all of the students in their groups with colorful poster boards with either an actor, pop star, and, of course, the most famous male student in the school, Adrien Ageste.

The threesome made their way to their seats and sat down, patiently waiting for their teacher.

"Good morning, students," the teacher Ms. Pier, said as she entered the classroom. "We've got lots of projects to get through so let's settle down and start presenting."

Ms. Pier looked down at her paper and read out the first group of three. Once they walked up to the front of the room and prepared for their presentation, they commenced.

***

A few more groups had presented their projects. After the class applauded for the current group, Ms. Pier read aloud the next set of students.

"Sofie, Zoé, and Isabelle," Ms. Pier called out. "It's your time to present."

The three friends made their way to the front of the class with Zoé clutching the wrapped up project in her hands. Once they reached the front of the room, Zoé leaned towards her friends and whispered a few words to them. Sofie and Isabelle nodded firmly.

Both brunettes stood a few feet behind Zoé's position. The girls held the inside tip of the poster, not opening it just yet.

"For our idol project, the three of us have decided to do a very famous superhero." A few comments were shouted out when Zoé paused for a brief moment.