Complications

Merry Christmas everyone! I am back with another chapter!

If you haven't, please go check out the last chapter, because it is an update!

Video credits go to: Jaele/Chenry FAN

Please go follow this person on all of their social medias!

Thank you, as always! Enjoy reading!

(There will be a shocking surprise in this chapter!)

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"I can't believe I wonnnnnnn!" Riele performed her happy dance in front of me.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't rub it in." I glared at her.

"Awww, Poor Jacie...-" Riele got her 'baby voice' ready.

"Don't even start Rie." I shook my head.

Riele and I had just finished a game of UNO in my house.

I usually win, but this time I let her win.

I don't even know why.

Well, I do... When she was looking through her stash of cards, her face etched with determination, I could tell she was working harder than usual to beat me, and it wouldn't feel right If i didn't let her win.

I think I even saw sweat fall from her brow!

I'll beat her next time though. I thought.

"I'm going to go home and tell my parents right now!" She ran to grab her phone from my couch.

"W-Wait! You're leaving so early, and you've only been here for 30 minutes!" I huffed and puffed.

"Sorry Jace! This calls for celebration, so I have to go! Uhhhhh, I'll call you tonight. BYE!" Riele sprinted out of the door.

"Bye." I chuckled and waved.

Today, Riele looked different. It seemed like her hair was styled differently, and her outfit choices have changed.

I asked her what she did to herself, and she told me she's worn her hair the same way and her outfit choices haven't changed for a while now. She looked stunning though!_

Man, I'll have to scare off every boy in the neighborhood.
I'll do what I need to do to protect my best friend. She's like a sister to me! A brother is required to protect his sister; especially from excessively hormonal boys.

It's no question if God will protect her, hes does it all the time!

I'm thankful to him for that.

I scrunched my eyebrows in thought.

Great. Just great. What do I do now?

"I'll do devotion." I got up from the table and went upstairs to my room.

1 HOUR LATER

"Yeah, I read Romans 8... A summary? It shows how to live by the Spirit and let peace rule in our hearts. The Holy Spirit within us continually testifies to us that we are children of God. He gives us assurance with God to convince us that nothing will ever separate us from His love. This is a passage of hope because we know our future is bright in Christ...Yeah I had a pretty long prayer list today! Worship was great too, it's always great...So your home safe? Ok....You and your mom opened a bottle of apple cider? Wow, your victory wasn't that celebratory... Oh! I take it back, I take it back! Hahaha...Ok, yeah. Mhmmm, i'll talk to you later...Bye Rie Rie Ra Re Re! " I grinned as I hung up the phone.