Something Sweet

Pitch was finally ready to talk to Jack, since he had been quiet for quite sometime. When he saw the door, he made sure to use the sand to open it since he knew it was hot to keep Jack from escaping. When the door was opened, he was taken aback by what he saw.

  Jack was curled in fetal position on the floor, snoring softly. He caught another one sleeping. One of his baby nightmares was snuggled close to Jack's body, making them look like a yin and yang symbol. Pitch, for some reason that he can't seem to even explain to himself, was smiling at the way they both looked.

  Thats when his eyes traveled to Jack's hands that he cradled close to his chest, which were red and blistered. Pitch found himself feeling sorry and found himself doing something he never thought he would. Walking out and into the bathroom, he grabbed a washcloth and some anti bacterial ointment.  Before walking back into the dungeon.

  Some point when he was on that small two minute trip, Jack seemed to have woken up, looking at the door confused when Pitch arrived with the stuff. Pitch was equally surprised to see those crystal blue eyes stare back at him.

  Pitch sighed. "I noticed that your hands are burnt." He said.

  "Thanks to you." Jack shot back, but his voice had a hint of something strong that Pitch couldn't quite place.

  Pitch ignored that, knowing full well he was to blame and instead, traveled to the bed at the corner of the cell. He sat down and patted the bed next to him. "Come here. I can't let your hands get infected." He said.

  Jack was blown away at Pitch's sudden change of mood. His hands would heal flawlessly on their own in about a week, but something was nagging at him to go sit down with Pitch. So thats what he did.

  Once seated, Pitch grabbed Jack's hands and started to wash and clean them. They sat in a somewhat awkward yet comfortable silence for what felt like hours until Jack needed to ask.

  "Why did you kidnap me?" Jack finally asked.

  Pitch paused for a minute before slowly continuing. "I want revenge for what you guys did to me... but for some odd reason Jack, there is something about you that I can't quite put my finger on yet." He explained, patting Jack's palm lightly.

  Jack seemed content about his answer, but still had many more questions to ask. "So why are you... I don't know, patching me up?"

  "Something was nagging at me to do it. I can't seem to find the will to hurt you and I don't know why." Pitch said, grabbing the bandages he also grabbed and wrapped his hands.

  Jack bit his lip and looked up to see Pitch's yellow eyes so focused on Jack's hands it made him smile. "I think I know why." Jack finally said, making Pitch stop halfway on his left hand.

  "And why's that? Please tell me you aren't gonna say its because of your charm because then I will just throw your whole body into the cell door." Pitch warned, watching Jack carefully as the boy paled... well paled more than usual.

  Jack laughed at that, but shook his head. "No... I think its because we know each other." He said.

  "Jack we do know each other you imbecile." Pitch said, obviously not impressed with Jack's attempt at doing something philosophical.

  Jack shook his head. "No like... we know each other more than just spirits, Pitch." Jack said, sucking in a breath. He wasn't really sure if he was ready to jump into the past him and Pitch shared, but he also hated watching Pitch struggle with it.

  "How though?" Pitch asked, finally tying off the last of the bandage.

  He gulped and looked down, unable to look Pitch in the eyes. "Pitch, has it ever occurred to you that the reason why we are always so much alike and so opposite too is because we knew each other in our previous lives?" Jack asked, finally able to look Pitch in the eyes who seemed oddly confused at the question.

  "Not particularly no." Pitch said truthfully. He didn't quite know what Jack was getting at and frankly he was confused as to why Jack was even talking about past lives.

  Jack just rolled his eyes. "Normally I was the dull one." Jack mumbled. "Alright im just gonna go with it and say it." He straightened up and saw Pitch raise and eyebrow at him.

  "Pitch, I am Jackson Frost Overland. I died in a skating accident saving my sister and I had a boyfriend named Kozmotis Pitchnier." Jack finally said. He watched as Pitch's expression change, but the last one seemed to be hurt and that was the one it stuck on.

  "You... Jack?" He asked, almost as if not believing it.

  Jack nodded. "I found out back when you were hell bent on making the guardians not exist. Thats kind of why I hesitated when we faced off against you. I was afraid and the reason why I was out on the lake is because Manny thought we needed to grow closer so he shared my memories with the guardians against my will." Jack explained, bringing his knees up to his chest.

  "How come you held off on telling me? You know how lost I was without you?" Pitch asked, truly and utterly hurt. Jack was shocked to see this new side of Pitch, but also very pleased.

  "I didn't know if you could handle it." Jack mumbled.

  "But this is important!" Pitch explained, bringing a pale gray hand up to cup Jack's cheek, causing Jack to jerk back slightly. "I can see the resemblance, but you have changed." He said.

  Jack chuckled. "Says you. You used to be pale white with shaggy curls."

  "What? I wasn't pale! I got more sun than you!" Pitch argued.

  Jack rolled his eyes. "Thats because I had a sister to watch over." Jack said.

  Pitch just rolled his eyes, and looked Jack in the eyes, finally taking in all of the truth behind the situation. With all his might, he hugged Jack, shivering a little at the cold contact, but shoved it aside. "I've missed you." Pitch whispered.

  Jack found himself smiling sadly and hugged back. "I've missed you too." He whispered back. Something sweet was happening and Jack kind of liked it and he could tell Pitch was too.

   They hugged for so long, both of them hadn't realized that they both tipped over on the king sized bad and eventually, fell asleep in each others embrace.

A/N: hey guys!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Yes this is an update on christmas! I will probably update tomorrow too, but here is another chappie!!<3 hope you enjoy!