3. Dinner

"Thanks Clarke, again" My earth skills teacher says as i leave the classroom.

I was helping him with his class of younger students, his actual assistant usually calls in sick and i'm the makeshift replacement he gets but i do enjoy it even if it is very waring.

It's hot and stuffy on the Ark today and having just been up and about in a very hot and stuffy classroom, i feel very sweaty and gross.

I flick my plat off my shoulder, stray hairs getting in my face. And turn in the direction of home-

"Hey"

God cant i get one minute of peace? I shut my eyes as if preparing myself to look up...i dont have to...i know who it is.

"Finn" i say, looking up at him stood across the hall.

"You still help teach Earth Skills" he states and i nod. I cant get away this time. "I know you saw me yesterday...i dont know where you went but i looked for ages" he says, as if i am meant to feel glad that he looked for me for so long.

"Okay, i really should go-"

"Clarke can we talk?" He pleads and i feel awful, his eyes sad and his manner pathetic. I nod, folding my arms to visibly close myself off from him.

"Talk" i say.

"Well um...could we walk and talk?" He asks and i know he is buying himself time but i nod anyway and follow him down the hall as he starts to move.

"How are you?" He asks.

"Fine."

"Umm..Clarke you know-"

"Dont you dare say you are sorry" i interrupt and Finn practically chokes on his own words.

"But i am!"

"You dont get to be sorry, not after-" i stop, unable to say it, the pain as fresh as the memory.

"You're right i dont but havent you ever made a mistake?" He pleads. "I miss you" he reaches for me and i flinch, images of his hands on me and his lips on mine. It hurts and i close my eyes, taking a deep breath before opening them again.

Finn lets his arm fall to his side again like a dissapointed child.

Its about dinner time and i can smell food coming from the canteen. My stomach rumbles involuntarily and Finn looks at me.

"You hungry?"

"No!" I say quickly.

"Are you sure? I can get you some-"

"No."

"Please Clarke give me a chance-"

"A chance to what?"

"A chance to explain, to tell you how much i want you back."

I sigh, he looks so upset that i find myself giving in, my resolve breaking slightly. "Okay"

He takes me to the canteen and we sit down with our food. I barely touch it, waiting for Finn to talk.

"Dont waste my time" i say, staring at him in dismay as he continues to stuff his face with food. He stops instantly, smiling as if i were still his girlfriend.

The smile fades and he swallows his food. "You have every right to avoid me...i know what i did was bad but- look it was an accident okay!" He doesnt look too upset anymore, almost pleased as if he has already won me back by getting me here.

I can feel my anger boiling up, ignoring all the hustle and bustle around us.

"I probably wouldnt do it again"

"Probably?"

"No i mean i wouldnt! Not ever because i love you!"

"Does that even mean anything to you?" I hiss, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Sure it does..."

I raise my eyebrows in disbelief.

"I love you Clarke, please come back to me. I want you so bad-"

I have had enough, this conversation is too painful. He doesnt even care about what he did. "People always want what they can't have" i say darkly, standing up and walking away.

He jumps to his feet and grabs my arm roughly so i cant move. He yanks me back painfully.

"Let go!" I say, ignoring the people now looking our way.

"No! I wont let you go Clarke. Not ever"

His words send chills down my spine.

"I can have you and i will-"

I use my free hand to slap him accross his face, pulling my arm free i storm out of the room, catching a glimps of several people in know sat in the corner. Amongst them i see Bellamy alongside Jasper, Monty and fucking Raven!

Seeing her, and Bellamy causes the anger to rise in my chest and i practically run from the room.

How could i have been so stupid to eat there? Of course Bellamy would be there...but why was he with Raven? God i shouldnt have gone anywhere with Finn in the first place...they were probably listening the whole time, laughing at my misery.

I don't cry, but i want to.

I quickly find my way home and go straight to my room, ignoring my mum as i enter. She probably wont care, she will be busy with dad...i should be with them...helping.

I shut my bedroom door and fall onto my bed, curling up and hating everything.

AN: Sorry its a shorter chapter, Why do u think she doesnt like Raven? Leave a comment ;)

Thanks for reading x