Chapter I

//singing will be highlighted with the first letter of the name in brackets. For y/n is (y) etc... enjoy!//
"alright, here we go..." The hyrulean hero muttered to himself, walking through the gate before stopping at the castle. Debating his own thoughts before turning away nibbling on his lip.
Link strolled around castle town, frightened and nervous. Why? He was going to see his friend from when he was little. A long time ago, after he defeated Gannondorf he saved Termina. When he grew up again and became 16 returned to Hyrule and saved a girl (younger than him by a year) from being kidnapped by a gorgeous spring. This girl was called y/n and is the now soon-to-be sister in law of Zelda, due to her brother's marriage. The one kidnapping her was someone he had met before and defeated...he thought.
His black hair in the same style as his, his black tunic, identical to his own, his sword, a darker version of his and pretty much everything else was the same but darker except for his face, whose expression was constantly in either a cruel smirk or a look of utter distain.
Two years later he was asked to come and see her, but was shyly avoiding it. "Link, you came!" someone yelled. He turned around to find a young woman tackling him to the floor. "Link I haven't seen you forever!" the girl screeched as link opened eyes. The girl stood up and let link up too, but his face laid gawking at her, mouth agape. Links voice caught in his throat as he saw how the girl was dressed. A/an f/c tunic, white leggings and black boots but what was most surprising was that there was a bow and quiver on her back with arrows. "h-hello y/n, why do you have arrows?" he asked while brushing himself off. "well, y-you know the guy you fought before, when you saved me?" she stuttered brushing a loose strand of her h/l h/c hair behind her long, pointed hylian ear. "Yes?" link questioned. Y/n coughed uncomfortably. She mumbled something inaudible. "Pardon?" link asked, handsome hero eyebrow raised causing y/n to blush wildly. "He's after me again. I learnt how to use a bow so I could protect myself, here tell me something to hit." She said confidently. "The castle town gate." He said flashing a smile showing his strangely elongated canines. She quickly pulled out her bow, swiftly placed in an arrow and within the time space of a second, aimed, shot the arrow and put the bow away. The arrow hit the target perfectly and links jaw hung open. "Whoa." He simply stated. She smiled widely. "Anyway, the queen wishes to see you." y/n said as she dragged link to Hyrule castle by the hand. Link blushed madly but didn't fight her hand.
As they walked through the town, people waved and smiled at the beautiful girl as she walked past, Link trailing behind meekly watching her as they reached the palace.
"Zelda, I found link!" the girl yelled as the queen came out and walked up to him. Zelda was gorgeous, tall and slim with a fair bust, long hair tied neatly and her strong sheikah handmaid Impa beside her. "Hello link, ill cut to the cheese-" Zelda began but y/n giggled. "Zelda, its cut to the chase, cut the cheese means to, excrete a smelling gas." y/n explained.
"Whatever, anyway, link, dark link is back and we need to stop him. Can you do it?" Zelda asked and link nodded. "Of course your majesty." link bowed. Y/n left the room and went outside for a moment, she felt constantly sad that she never could adventure with anyone, she was always alone.
She sat on a bench in the courtyard staring at the darkened clouds.
//listen to the videos here for the sonsg (which i do not own!)//

(Y)I walk a lonely road
(Y)The only one that I have ever known
(Y)Don't know where it goes
(Y) But its home to me and I walk alone
Link walked to the courtyard and saw her there, listening to her voice.
(Y)I walk this empty street
(Y)On the boulevard of broken dreams
(Y)Where the city sleeps
(Y)And I'm the only one and I walk alone

(Y)I walk alone
(Y)I walk alone
(Y)I walk alone
(Y) I walk a-
(Y) My shadow the only one who walks beside me
(Y) My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
(Y) Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
(Y) Till then I walk alone

(Y)Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah, ahhh-ah

(Y)I'm walkin' down the line
(Y)That divides me somewhere in my mind
(Y)On the border line of the edge
(Y)And where I walk alone

(Y)Read between the lines
(Y)What's ****Ed up and everything's alright
(Y)Check my vital signs to know I'm still alive
(Y)And I walk alone
Link never noticed how sad and lonely she really was, and was shocked that she swore.
(Y)I walk alone
(Y)I walk alone
(Y)I walk alone
(Y)I walk a-
(Y)My shadow the only one who walks beside me
(Y)My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
(Y)Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
(Y)Till then I walk alone

(Y)Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah, ahhh-ah
(Y)I walk alone
(Y)I walk a-
She hummed a greatly intricate tune and drummed her fingers on the bench.
(Y)I walk this empty street
(Y)On the boulevard of broken dreams
(Y)Where the city sleeps
(Y)And I'm the only one and I walk a-
(Y)My shadow the only one who walks beside me
(Y)My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
(Y)Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
(Y)Till then I walk alone
She hummed and tapped another tune but this one was heavier and harsher than before. She stood up sharply and walked to leave and saw link. "Link, how long have you been there?" she asked. "Um, long enough to hear you swear." he rubbed the back of his head. "Oh, please don't tell Zelda, it's just a song. Good night link, good luck with your evil counterpart." she hugged link then walked up to her room. She shut the door quietly and sighed.
As she sat on her bed, a voice from behind her, echoed.
"hello love."
//Good to see you all! I am Monochromiss, or author-chan. please enjoy this book. I will update every monday at 5ish London time.
Dasvidanya!//