Chapter XIII

y/n's POV

The ball was in three places due to the extreme turnout, the throne room, the courtyard and the ball room. We were in the throne room with Zelda and Ashe.

i was enjoying a slow dance with link who had a mask shaped like a birds wings in gold while mine was a white butterfly. "You look beautiful princess y/n." link complimented.

"You look handsome, sir Link." we continued to dance. He hand seemed to tighten on my waist as he stared into my eyes.

"It's wonderful, isn't it?"

"what?" i asked at his cryptic comment.

"how an entire kingdom can celebrate the love of two individuals with such different backgrounds so easily. i mean, your family was poor, you worked at a spring your whole lives, now, you're a princess and Ashe is going to be king." link explained.

"I guess, I hope it isn't too different though, I still love adventure and, hell, I even enjoy working sometimes." I giggled and noticed over Link's shoulder was a man, similar to his build and looking reminiscent of dark link, beginning to dance with his partner as well. "Care for a drink?" Link asked, eyebrow raised. "Sure, I don't mind trying some lager, or ale." I shrugged and followed him.

"Nuh uh princess, wine and champagne." he handed me a tall, thin glass of golden bubbly liquid. I held it gently. "Okay, until I sneak out to a bar." I mumbled, taking a drink. "Link, come here a second, someone wants to talk to you!" Zelda called, waving at Link as Ashe held her waist close to him with a small child near them, obviously a fan. "Aw... damn... I'll see you later princess y/n." he smirked and kissed my hand. "I hate being called princess." I groaned as he walked away and I finished my drink. The music stopped temporarily and a man came up to me, more precisely, the man who looked exactly like Dark. "May I have this dance, miss?" he held his hand to me, I gulped, swallowing my inhibitions and dancing with him.

The dance began and got spun by him as if he wanted to make me sick and the dance was led by him. "So, what's your name?" I asked him, eager to know who he was. "Forgotten me already my love?" the man taunted as he raised an eyebrow. The dance stopped and I dragged him outside where there was some privacy. "Remove the mask." Savvily, I hissed, making sure it was him and I wasn't revealing a secret. He took off the mask ad every detail on his face was real, the same but one was different, a cut above his eye, below his eyebrow. I strokoed his grey face, just at the spot.

"What happened?" I touched it and he flinched. "I got into a fight, it's nothing." he looked away, trying to be badass. "I missed you so much." I hugged him, put his mask on and mine and dragged him across the ball room to my room and locked the door. Giggling happily all the way. He smirked but seemed to be hiding something.

Link's POV

"Ha-ha, you're right, I do think they'd make a good couple!" Ashe laughed, slightly slurred, agreeing with Zelda's comment about y/n and I. Bright red I shook my head. "she wouldn't fall for me."

"hold on, I think she's interested in someone else." Zelda giggled and Ashe and I looked at y/n, who was walking with some guy to her room. "Why that little-!" we were both cut off by Zelda hitting us in the back of the head making blood spurt upwards. "Oww, zelda, honey, what was that for?" Ashe gave his fiancee puppy eyes. "because, she's sixteen, she's allowed to do what she wants, besides, you said you'd support her." zelda grabbed his chin and he began to drool staring at her. "youre right..." he smiled at her, kissing her lips gently. "i didn't." i growled and rolled up my sleeves about to storm in there, break them up and kiss her senseless but Zelda grabbed my forearm. "Link, it's her decision, not yours." zelda glared at me and i didnt move. "i just wish it was me." i looked down and stayed silent throughout the ball.