Chapter III

Three hours later I woke up, refreshed and flustered. I wondered whether I dreamt it all so I looked around my room, my bow and quiver were in the same place that dark put them but that wasn't enough proof. I looked on my balcony and saw something that proved everything: darks guitar. I saw the cursive d carved in it and took in the pure, black of the wood. I picked it up and hid it under my bed, I couldn't let anyone know about darks visit. I changed clothes and headed downstairs. "Good morning y/n. How did you sleep last night?" Zelda asked with a hint of suspicion in her voice.

"Very well thank you Zelda." She was sat Next to Ashe, who evidently hadn't shaved for a while and had let Zelda plait his hair. I held in a giggle. Yawning widely, hegrabbed some food and began to dig in. Zelda watched him intently and sighed. "Ashe, wheres your manners?" she asked. With his mouth full, he replied. "fwhat? Oh!" swallowing hs food, he then gaved grace to the golden goddesses before eating.

" Where's link today?" I asked, trying my best not to act suspicious. "He is training our cadet knights. If you wish you can go to see him after breakfast, it's a lovely soup." She said with a smile as she handed me the soup. I graciously ate the soup and I must say, it was delicious. "If you'll excuse me Zelda, Ashe, I'm going to see link." I said as I walked to the training grounds. "Hello, have you seen link?" I asked a soldier. "Yeah, he was here a while ago, training us. By the way, are you princess y/n, the archery instructor?" asked the soldier who I knew now was a cadet. "Yes of course, here I'll give you some quick training. Fall in!"

The soldiers got into line and stood, arms behind their back, feet shoulder length apart. "nice, names!"
out of the five, there was Xylan, tall and slender with slightly stubbly chin, Pacri, a short but burly boy, cleanshaven, Fadril, average all around, Tabuu, Average height but a strong build and Junos, he was average height, but scrawny.

I set up a mini testing ground and after an hour, the cadets were well on their way to mastering archery, Xylan topping the class, but Junos not even hitting the target. "Well done everyone, good luck from now on!" I yelled as they ran off.

"Nice training technique. You do need some help with sword training though." Said a familiar voice from behind. "Dark?" I whispered, barely recognisable as words. "Hey y/n, may I speak to you for a moment?" link said. My heart never slowed in its beating, I knew that I loved them both, dark was right about having a daylight and midnight Romeo. "If you would come with me, I have something to show you." He said, offering me his hand. I blushed at the gesture but shook my head no matter. "Link, speak like you normally do, this is weird." I said, trying my best to fight a blush. I felt so feminine and weak at this moment even though I was well armed. Anchoring myself, I gripped the dagger at my hip."Do you want to, um, have a stroll with me?" he asked me, offering his arm. I gladly took it and we began to walk out of castle town, onto Epona when travelling over the fields, through kokiri forest and the lost woods until we reached a clearing with two stumps. Link picked me up and placed me on the highest stump so that I could sit and he stood on the lower one. He took out a guitar from din knows where and tuned it. "You see, y/n, I have something to say, well, it's hard to say it, so ill sing it." He smiled and strummed a tune on the guitar.

(L)Beautiful girls

(L)All over the world

(L)I could be chasin'

(L)But my time would be wastin'

(L)They got nothin' on you baby

(L)Nothin' on you baby

(L)They might say hi

(L)And I might say hey

(L)But you shouldn't worry