Chapter 4

RILEY

I flicked the ash from the end of my cigarette on the floor, as Levi did the same, taking a swig out of a beer can. I had been bored out of my mind while they set up their instruments and soundchecked. I had found out that their band was called The Tide, Austin was lead singer, Nate was drummer, Drew was lead guitarist and Levi played bass.

I did have a weakness for boys in bands. Honestly when guys are tall, have great taste in music, have great hair and wear skinny jeans with vans, I'm wrapped around their finger.

I leaned against the red brick wall, pulling out my phone and replying to a few people and sending streaks. I sighed softly and smiled at him. He smiled back and that was it.

I was supposed to hate him. Egotistical, big headed, self absorbed, sexist- the list could go on for ages, but my thoughts were cut off as he dragged my arm and pulled me inside. It was almost 8:00 meaning the bar would be opening soon so the boys could play their set and then have a drink and dance after.

-

The lights flashed and the deep baseline of the music stopped as the four American boys made their way onto the stage.

They introduced themselves before they started to play Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon. I wasn't sure what I was expecting from them as I stood near the bar, a drink in my hand and smiling. I wasn't sure where Kara got to, I was assuming she was near the stage.

Seeing as I didn't know what to expect, I was outstanded. They were amazing. Austins voice was amazing, they were perfectly in time and Nates swing hits were amazing. Levi had such an amazing voice when he had his solos. I grinned from ear to ear, shouting the lyrics to the song, earning a few funny looks. I cheered them on throughout their songs, they mostly played covers seeing as it was a club and no one would know their originals - they were so small no one had heard of them.

They played Mr Brightside by The Killers, Something's Gotta Give by All Time Low and What I Like About You by The Romantics before they played their own original song.

Their original was called Rest Of Us, it was so pretty and had a great beat, it had a rocky feel to it and it made me smile.

Does he ease your pain, take your breath away-

The boys got a great reaction from the many people in the bar, they all danced to it, learning the chorus very easily.

Their last song was Sex by The 1975 and it suited their voices so well. I sang along to one of my favourite songs and held my bottle in the air.

Sadly their set came to an end and I pouted playfully, even though none of them could see me. I was so proud of them and I had only known them for about a day. I ran my fingers through my hair and watched them take final bows and exit the stage, taking the instruments down and the club playing music of it's own replacing the sound of the live music.

I wove my way over to the bar and got another beer, and looked around for someone I knew.

"Dylan, and you are?" A tall, blonde appeared next to me. He was very handsome but not my type. At all, he was a typical beach boy, preppy and proper. I tried not to roll my eyes.

"Riley." I said curtly, as I felt his eyes look me up and down in my band tee and ripped jeans that clung to my legs.

Please go away.

"That band were really good, weren't they." He smiled, flashing a perfect smile. He had slight stubble growing and his blue eyes glistened. Had I not set eyes on the curly haired bassist the day before I would be swooning over him.