17

~ early morning ~

We were all woken up late at night with the smell of smoke traveling through the hall ways. Seconds after the smoke alarm when off, the younger girls and I shot up from our small narrow beds. We noticed a smoke coming through the bedroom door. I ran over and shut it. I quickly scanned the room, running over to all the dressers I clutched on to all the clothing I could fit in my hands. Running back to over, I piled the clothing on the cracks of the doors so all the smoke that was in the room already, was we all we had. This has to be a fire. I grabbed my phone from under my pillow and slipped it into my back pocket. I gathered the girls to the window. The home was a two story house but we all had a folded up ladders that connect to the inside of the window and falls on the wall outside. The window was very large and we could definitely be able to get everyone out. I looked at the girls, they're only two. One of them were missing. I knew I couldn't go look so I carried on with unfolding the ladder and getting the girls down outside before myself. I've never been in this kind of situation before. I need to get these girls outside and safe. I got one of the girls to help me unravel the ladder. Once we quickly finished I threw it out the window only holding onto one end. As it smashed on the wall outside. I lifted the girls on the window ledge and they started to climb out. Once they were finished, I had one leg out the window when I heard banging on the door. I screamed out the window "run to the other side of the street." The girls shaking, they quickly nodded and ran over. I jumped back into the room and over to the door which still has the clothing raped on the sides. I held my breath and flew the door open. There stood another little girl, it was lily. She was the missing girl. I quickly pulled her in and immediately she collapsed into my arms. I knew I couldn't lift her out the window and down the wobbly ladder. The smoke in the room was already starting to get at me. If the fire gets here in time, let's hope they find. Us I fell right onto the heated floor and my eyes closed. With the chemicals surrounding us, i felt myself going off. The lack of oxygen is going to kill us.

-
I'm sorry to the people who wanted more Collins and Shawn in this chapter. They'll be in the next. Thanks for reading.
Talk soon x