Chapter One: Governor Grant

'BEEP' BEEP' 'BEEP' Olivia's alarm rang and she hit the snooze button. She stood up and went to her closet and got her T-shirt, with the governor's name on it, and boot cut dress pants. Olivia put her clothes on and styled her hair. She put some coffee in a travel mug and brushed her teeth. Once she grabbed her coat and purse, she was out the door and walked down the hall to the elevator and went to the first floor. She walked through the front doors of her apartment and got into her car. After about 20 minutes of driving she reached a small building that was being used for governor Grants campaign for president. She walked in and put her coat and purse on a chair and stood there listening to governor Grant's speech about where the flyers should be hung up and then moved on to the poll situation that was going to come within weeks. He stood there saying that if we don't go public, more than we already have, then he won't win the poll. He was saying that we needed to put up more flyers or posters.
She stepped forward and said "Although publicity is a factor in this issue, it also has something to do with the fact that they don't see you as human, they just see you as just another governor with dreams bigger than himself. You need to show them what separates you from the herd, what makes you better than everyone else who wants the job."
He, and everyone else, looked at her and governor Grant asked "How do I do that?"
"Well for starters, you need to do more speeches at schools and more tv interviews. That will help with some publicity and mostly, you need to give the people an idea of who you are and that you're a good person despite what they think." Olivia stated.
He nodded and started to tell people to set times and make phone calls and everyone immediately started to rush around.
The governor walked toward her and said "Good thinking, I'm-"
"Governor Grant, I know sir." Olivia said cutting him off.
"Right, and your April?" He asked.
"Olivia Pope." She said laughing.
They shook hands and released seconds later when the governors wife, Mellie Grant, appeared.
"Olivia! Thank you so much, Cyrus was right, you are the perfect person for the job. This place is finally up and running thanks to you." Mellie said.
"Well I appreciate the opportunity." Olivia said.
Mellie pulled the governor away to talk about an interview for the news and he turned and looked at Olivia as he walked away with his wife. They locked eyes and at that moment they both knew they needed to, somehow, meet up again.